HEATER CONTROL SWITCHES

Hi, I've got an 06 Cayman S, and the interior is spotless apart from the paint, or rubber covering, starting to peel off the heating control switches.  Is there a fix without replacing the whole unit which costs around £600 new from Porsche, and is currently working fine?  An American company offer a refurb service, whereby you send then the whole heating unit, they refurb all the switches and send it back, which seems abit drastic & hardly cost effective.  I also found a company who sell masking transfers, so you can remove and replay your own switches, but knowing my luck, thats a recipe for two broken switches and a lot of foul language...

Any ideas please?

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with them if you do get them.  Mine has the same issue (as I think a lot do), and it's working it's way to the top of the niggle list.

Joe.

11 hours ago, 11891952 said:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with them if you do get them.  Mine has the same issue (as I think a lot do), and it's working it's way to the top of the niggle list.

Joe.

No worries, i haven't ordered them yet, but will do in the next day or two - Once they arrive, I'll post some pics and an honest view on how easy the installation is, and the final look

• 10 months later...
On 11/01/2018 at 01:13, Bushman said:

mine is the same. I might wait for dryer weather and get out there with a bottle of the wifes black nail varnish and a steady hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reckon this is common then lol?

I did mine soon after I got it using Humbrol Airfix enamel & a couple of artists fine brushes! (also touched up the "Porsche Bonnet Badge")

20 hours ago, Scott1967 said:

I have the fix 

i can post before and after pics later 

?????my pics are too big to post here 

But what is the "fix" ??