What do you Drive? What Brands do you like? Etc

Interested to what you drive. Favourite Car cleaning brands used. How often you clean your car? 

I Currently drive a Mondeo Estate, I use many different brands including but not limited to, Bilt Hamber, Auto Finesse, Meguairs, Autosmart, Valet Pro, Autoglym. (The List goes on)

I aim to clean my car Every weekend, Normally an hour quick safe wash and dry then will take the time to Wax it once a month or so. 

Look forward to seeing your Replies!

• Like 1

There are several of these threads already active but... 

I generally just rinse my car down with a Karcher to remove most of the dirt.

The amount of mileage I do (800 miles per week to and from London) means the car is never clean for long and taking time over keeping it spotless is an exercise in futility.

From next week my mileage will drop drastically so my car will do less miles and require less cleaning.

• Like 1

I use Meguiars shampoo I bought in Halfords. Its not as foamy as others I’ve used and therefore not as lubricating. I use Megs quick detailer to spray and wipe off after a wash. Smells lush and makes it shiny. No idea if it’s doing anything other than snake oil effect :8_laughing:. I use bilthamber surfex degreaser for inner wheel arches. Excellent stuff. I’ve ditched 2 bucket method and gone for 1 bucket 5 different mitt method lol.

I try and strike a balance and not clean or touch bodywork of car too much. Mainly through the winter my cleaning has been jack up each corner and using a fan pattern spray the suspension bits I can see to try to try and de salt (you’ll never do it all), degrease wheel arches and de crud arch inside lips. Then I get out my touch up pen and repair any stone chips on the leading edge of the sills.

• Like 1

I'm pretty new to 'detailing' but I was recommended a few products by a friend, Bilt Hamber wheel wash is one which makes short work of grubby wheels.  I used to use a lot of Auto Gleam products but not so much these days.  

I got a Karcher for my birthday last year, love it!!  

Struggling to find a decent wheel wax though at the moment...

• Like 1

Ahh if your new it becomes a slippery slope very quickly. A cheapish wheel wax that's easy to use and has good results is poorboys wheel sealant. Easy to apply and easy to remove looks good and makes them silky smooth. 

For slightly more advanced Carbon Collective Platinum wheels is a coating that can be applied to well prepared wheels which repels water and brake dust well. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NWDetailing said:

Sounds great. Very detailed regular clean then. 

Which megs shampoo are you using? Gold class or the yellow wash and wax one? 

I think it’s Gold class. It’s purple and gloops out when you pour it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buggyjam said:

I think it’s Gold class. It’s purple and gloops out when you pour it

Ahh, The Gold Class is cold in Colour. 

Maybe the Meguiars NXT Tech one?

On 21/03/2018 at 10:44, NWDetailing said:

Ahh if your new it becomes a slippery slope very quickly. A cheapish wheel wax that's easy to use and has good results is poorboys wheel sealant. Easy to apply and easy to remove looks good and makes them silky smooth. 

For slightly more advanced Carbon Collective Platinum wheels is a coating that can be applied to well prepared wheels which repels water and brake dust well. 

Cheers, will give that a go! 

• Like 1