718 GT4 Deposits

Has anybody had any luck with an OPC taking a deposit for the new 718 GT4?  I've tried a few and not having much luck...  >:(

It's usually a case of them inviting customers to place a deposit for GT2/3/4 cars - just because they're not letting you place a deposit, doesn't mean they haven't taken any ☹️

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my name down at Silverstone for almost 2 years now, and was the 1st, but as I haven't had 6 cars or more off them in a year it means nothing, as I was told.

They would like my GT4 back but  don't know if it would be worth me swapping over for he new one if I get the chance, as I feel its not as nice looking and if the engine is just a 're bore of the one I have then not much point really, plus I will have to run it in again and that takes me over 12 months lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I spoke to my OPC (Silverstone) earlier this week, I’m expecting confirmed order soon.  

It’ll be my 1st GT4, but my 5th GT car from them - they know me quite well ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 718 GT4 said:

I spoke to my OPC (Silverstone) earlier this week, I’m expecting confirmed order soon.  

It’ll be my 1st GT4, but my 5th GT car from them - they know me quite well ? 

Great stuff!

News about the engine?

• 2 years later...

I have been offered a build slot for the new gt4, but turned it down, it looks like anyone should be able to jump on board if they so wish.

I am going to keep mine for now, especially as its only done 4k miles, plus i was told by a member off staff from the dealership that they had a buyer for my car ready to go

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nail it said:

I have been offered a build slot for the new gt4, but turned it down, it looks like anyone should be able to jump on board if they so wish.

I am going to keep mine for now, especially as its only done 4k miles, plus i was told by a member off staff from the dealership that they had a buyer for my car ready to go

I agree, i was offered a car about a month ago at list which was a cancelled order but already built which i turned down and then 2 weeks later I was offered a new build slot that i could spec from fresh to my own spec.

This was tempting, but after about an hour of weighing it up I decided that the cost to change didn't really justify the benefits. Plus I would be swapping a 1 of 1 Viper Green Cayman R for a slightly faster, slightly newer Python Green GT4, of which I reckon there will be loads of by the time the run has finished.

Plus i'm not a rich man and the economic situation in the world at the moment isn't really stable at present.

So yes, if you have the money and the desire, call your OPC and tell them you want one and you will get one at list.

Over's on these is finished.