Sorting out stands and meets

Hi all,  after a chat with Nick on Sunday, we agreed that the club should put more events on ECT, and I sort off said I would see what I could do lol.

Anyway so before I get stuck in, I feel I need to introduce myself to you all, some will know me others not.

Have owned 2 Porsche Cayman's, 981 GTS and GT4 and before that I have a long history with the Ford RS range and over the 25 plus years I did many roles for the club, one being involved with sorting and running shows, so I have a good back ground in sorting stuff, anyway enough off that and back to what's this post is all about.

So then shows, trips and meets. I would like to try and sort more stuff out for us all, as seeing a nice stand full of Cayman's and the owners  chatting and enjoying themselves is what it's all about and with many shows over the summer month's I am sure we can arrange more meets and hopefully a trip.

So any ideas on what you would like to see a stand at then please let me know and as long as we get a few that want to do it I don't mind arranging it.

I don't mind sorting tickets out ( as done all that in the past and still have a car only account set up just for tickets ect) but a few ideas that I have right now are

Weymouth Porsche on the prom 13th July

Silverstone classic, runs from 20th to 22nd July 

Yorkshire Porsche festival 5th August

WEC 6 hours of silverstone 17th to 19th August 

Brands Hatch Festival of Porsche 2nd September 

Porsche club national concours 22nd September 

Plus we have the A5 meet at the supper sausage and may be a trip down to the Ace cafe.

But one trip I would really like to sort out is a few days away in the alps, the ring on the way back may be, as I feel that would be a fantastic driving trip away.

Also lots of Porsche track days up and down the country that might be of interest.

I am off to LeMans next week and once again that is a great trip.

Anyway cheers for reading this and hope that you would like to maybe do one, or even a few. But as said ideas are more than welcome 

Cheers dunc

• Like 1

I'd like to meet at a venue which does beautiful crispy bacon settled on a bed of the crispest purest lettuce and vine-ripened tomato and layered deeply into a fresh white light-as-air bap with golden mayonnaise so that the first bite is a mouth watering invitation to have yet another, and another...

£2.50 max.

• Like 1

We're off to the alps again in July, which will our 4th trip in our 981 CS. Makes a great tourer. Also live 15mins from the Ace so look forward to a meet there. Sometimes go to the London region meets there, although officially I'm in the Chilterns region, but live in London.

Well I for one, have never been to the Ace cafe and it's one thing I want to do,

Maybe we sort out the next Cayman meet at the Ace cafe when its porsche night.

As for  an alps trip, I think if we could have some advise on it, that would be good as would hate to yo and find the roads shut ect

2 hours ago, DJMC said:

I'd like to meet at a venue which does beautiful crispy bacon settled on a bed of the crispest purest lettuce and vine-ripened tomato and layered deeply into a fresh white light-as-air bap with golden mayonnaise so that the first bite is a mouth watering invitation to have yet another, and another...

£2.50 max.

With you on that as I love a good bacon butty

• Founder

Good post Dunc, 

So Porsche night at the Ace is a regular monthly event held on the last Monday of the month.  Its from 6pm and in my experience of when I used to go is it gets very busy and parking is very difficult if you leave it too late, the London location means parking in the roads around the venue is near on impossible or risky.  But it's pretty cool venue and some tasty cars on display. 

I was thinking that for ease we make the Super Sausage meet a more regular thing with dates in the diary for 12 moths ahead at say, once a month or every other month intervals and i can arrange with Gail the exact dates and they are there for whoever wants to attend.  

I shall put all of the events you've listed in the OC diary so we can see them on the main page.  

Used to do the Chelsea cruise in the early 80's. Last Saturday of every month iirc. So we could simply do the X Sunday of each month or every odd/even month, but being careful around Superbike weekend and the like!!

• Like 1

I'm up for the Alps, done it quite a few times since 1980s on various sports bikes and just chuck a tent on the back and plan as you go along and as I found out roads can be closed due to there still being snow on the lower Alps in June 6feet of it last time I went in 2009.

Porches on the Prom Weymouth, just to make sure you know this is an evening event 6.00pm - 10pm on a Friday so probably best to make a day of it and drive down in the morning with a stop off for breakfast and maybe lunch there (what do you think Dunc) oh and of course Ice cream followed by crepe at some point. I'm up for it and should be able to do it without refuelling 370 mile round trip.

there was some chat last year about doing a run to the Shuttleworth collection near Biggleswade. they have a very popular olde style café that lots of car clubs now use and a vintage aircraft restoration museum. open summer evenings too I believe. any thoughts?

Maybe some of the Welsh chaps or chapeses could suggest a cafe and some good drivers roads (i'm not talking race tracks here, more scenic).

Maybe some of the Welsh chaps or chapeses could suggest a cafe and some good drivers roads (i'm not talking race tracks here, more scenic).

Hey Dunc, no reason why we can,t meet up at the Bear Inn, Spencers Lane, Berkswell, Coventry CV7 7BB

Good beer (Old Peculiar last month) so just the one, and good food so i'm told. Yes Dunc, thats right I havn't tried it lol.

This is the Porsche Club of Great Britain meet on the third Tuesday of each Month and it would be great to see some Cayman OC folk there.

Last Jun / July 202+ Porsches so come on lets beat that this year.

13 hours ago, Keith W said:

...oh and of course Ice cream followed by crepe at some point.

Is the ice cream really that bad? 

1 hour ago, Keith W said:

Hey Dunc, no reason why we can,t meet up at the Bear Inn, Spencers Lane, Berkswell, Coventry CV7 7BB

Good beer (Old Peculiar last month) so just the one, and good food so i'm told. Yes Dunc, thats right I havn't tried it lol.

This is the Porsche Club of Great Britain meet on the third Tuesday of each Month and it would be great to see some Cayman OC folk there.

Last Jun / July 202+ Porsches so come on lets beat that this year.

Not far from me. I could do that. How are the bacon butties?

Mmm whats with the bacon butties, are you an x veggie by any chance..  Its normally the bacon butties that bring them round to proper food lol.

For the record, I love well done bacon butties without the fat and loads of ketchup...

No, we just hooked on to BBs from the first COC meet.

I like sausage butties with ketchup but feel it overpowers bacon rather. None for me thanks, but thanks for asking.

Well Keith I hope to make it to the next R9 meet.

Also going to see if I can make it to Weymouth and the idea of having the day off is nice lol

Ace cafe is a strange one I guess, as need to get there early or no parking and then being in the week is harder to sort out the time to do that.

Never managed to get to a Porsche night at the Ace.

I work in London most Mondays, so the chances of getting home, jumping in the car and then driving to Hanger Lane are pretty slim. Would essentially have to take the day off. 

Done a good few impromptu meets there with friends on a Sunday morning, though - it tends to be quite empty early in the day. 

• Beanoir™ pinned and featured this topic
  • Tom unfeatured this topic
  • Beanoir™ unpinned this topic