Meets the tumbleweed

Seems that the tumbleweed is the only thing moving through the Cayman events calender  at the moment now that Porsches on the prom and simply Porsche at  Bealieu have come and gone,  both were great events and weather was brilliant for the 2nd year on the trot.

I'm hoping that there will be other events before Porsches on the prom 2019.

Dunc has already asked for idea's for places to visit and if you are reading this then please give us you're input as the club is only as good as its members.

Lets try and get in as many activities as we can while the summer lasts.

Maybe a supersausage meet to discuss this futher, Nick any ideas on a date for the SS.

• Like 1

So difficult...

On the odd Sunday, when the roads are dry and the sun is shining I love a good run to nowhere in particular. BUT we have families, grass to cut, DIY "jobs", other hobbies, all of which all get in the way of standing around chatting to other COC members. The SS is a fairly dull ride down the A5 for me. Bicester is more fun as there are loads of roundabouts and short road stretches to blast along, but Bicester is an all day thing and I'm not "invited" to it.

Anyhow... I'm game for the SS most Sunday mornings if you want to come to mine Keith (LE17 4HX) and run down together perhaps BUT we need a few more for a discussion to be worthwhile?

Your quite right that we need more members to to attend to make it worthwhile. Maybe it's only a few of us that actually want to get out and meet up and use our cars to go on trips etc.

There were a few suggestions to Nailit's post as to trips / meetings but compared to say the Boxster owners club we fall short.

Lets see when Nick schedules the next SS meet and go from there I guess and I will hopefully meet up in Lutterworth for the drive down.

There's the Weymouth Porsches on the prom event in Dorset on the 13th July (perhaps a bit far away for this in the Middle/further North)

I might go to the Weymouth Porsches on the prom.

It,s just a shame it is on a Friday evening instead of Saturday or Sunday when we could make a day of it so I would spend 6-7 hours driving for a 4 hour meet.

• Founder

Keith - we probably need to pick one or two big events and focus on those.  Let’s you, me and Dunc get together and have a chin-wag about it.  ??

Weekday evenings tend to be a no go for me as I dont get home from work before 18:30 most nights, and I have frequent work trips away. 

Half my year’s wknds include kids (so are sacracant), but the other half are (semi) free pending SWMBOs plans for us. 

The COC could make a run out to the Bicester heritage ‘wings n wheels’ event next wknd. 

https://www.classicandsportscarshow.com/whats-on?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9DkvLDW2wIVRrobCh1YMA7rEAAYASABEgKtyPD_BwE

And here’s a 15% discount code:

BREMCSCS

I’m meeting up with another member off this forum and heading over on the Sunday. 

• Like 1

• Founder
1 hour ago, Nail it said:

Well I am back and meeting Keith tonight at the R9 meet near Coventry.

Think we should sort out another Sunday meet and go from there

How about Sunday 1st July?  

2 hours ago, Beanoir said:

How about Sunday 1st July?  

Is that when just you three meet again?

Well I have just seen this and already put up a meet and drive for that day, so guess we can if all can make it and make it a meet for all as well, plus a drive

1st  July works for me Dunc, SS or meet Porsche GB HQ and drive to Broadway  Cotswolds for tea and breakfast / lunch and icecream. 

4 hours ago, Keith W said:

1st  July works for me Dunc, SS or meet Porsche GB HQ and drive to Broadway  Cotswolds for tea and breakfast / lunch and icecream. 

You mean Porsche CLUB GB, which is 20 minutes? You haven't mentioned this in your "1st July" thread. Is it a non-starter at that location?

Or was that just you and Dunc meeting up there? ?

• Founder

Ok, I’m locking this thread. 

Dunc has posted up another for 1st July - if people are interested in a need/drive around the Cotswolds then please shout accordingly.