MPS4S - £355 each!

Windymiller

Set of 4 PS4S in 20"and Porsche N0 marked for under £800 last week... 

Rears:

MoNpC9B3.png.5b809151bbca11443c313b3d63c2d4df.png

Fronts:

q3rWRzBB.png.9beb05ecec8e6db13a87e1442fef957c.png

Total: £794

?

Edited by DJMC

6 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Which supplier is that with DJMC?

Sorry, should have said. It was Camskill.

Tyreleader were £835 for the same last week.

Prices seem to change daily so do a thorough search.

When my Goodyear rears are ready to change in a few months (at 23k now) my Goodyear fronts will be only half worn. This suggests buying another set of Goodyear rears rather than swapping out all four and chucking the good Goodyear fronts.

Maybe Michelin (and others) should offer a discount scheme to compensate for each mm of binned tread to persuade me and other brand users to switch?

1 hour ago, DJMC said:

When my Goodyear rears are ready to change in a few months (at 23k now) my Goodyear fronts will be only half worn. This suggests buying another set of Goodyear rears rather than swapping out all four and chucking the good Goodyear fronts.

Maybe Michelin (and others) should offer a discount scheme to compensate for each mm of binned tread to persuade me and other brand users to switch?

Aye, I dont need any tyres yet, I just like to keep an eye on prices and was flabbergasted at that price for 19” PS4Ss!

my GY EF1s will probably last another 1-2 years with a few track days (they’re all newish - fronts in May last year 9k ago and rears Dec/Jan 2-3k ago). 

I really want to try the MPS4S, but not enough to chuck a set of GYs away... ??

• 3 weeks later...

Porsche/Michelin have not yet managed to produce a 265 40 PS4S N rated tyre for 19" wheels, (for 981s - am I right to assume 987s use a 35 section for 19" wheels?).   Also, would I guess right that the ridiculously priced Oponeo 265 35 19 PS4S is not N rated?    There is a 265 40 19 PS4S in production, but that is for a front fitting on a Mercedes, (M0 rated), and Michelin say you should not fit it on the rear - of any car, presumably.  

Meanwhile, maybe I should fit cheapo Goodyears when the hopeless, (for track use), P Zero N1s wear out.

On 03/07/2018 at 10:19, John Whalley said:

Meanwhile, maybe I should fit cheapo Goodyears when the hopeless, (for track use), P Zero N1s wear out.

I had P Zeros on my 911 and they were terrible on track, and not much better on the road. 

My Cayman R rolled out of the factory on Bridgestones which were okay, but not fabulous. It's got Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s on it now, and they're incredible - the levels of grip on track defy belief sometimes, and they're great on road, too. Yes you need to be a bit more mindful in the wet, but the plus points far outweigh the minuses.