New European Road Tour Rally

Hey all

So I'm looking to setup a new European rally with moisture of different sports cars and was wondering if I can get your thoughts.

If you guys n girls have 10 mins to spare I'd really appreciate you filling out the following questionnaire.

https://goo.gl/forms/G6OJuFR0R47V6jII2

You don't need to submit any personal info - the questionnaire is purely to see the what people look for from an organised tour - and identify what can be improved on.

Feel free to skip the first page - this is just a little info about myself. 

Thanks in advance and please forward onto any fellow car enthusiasts who are not in the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Keith

I'm actually very close to finalising the details on a Welsh road trip for this September - with the European tour to be arranged in 2019.

Will email you the details, if your sent your email address in the survey :)

• Founder

Link isn’t working...

But, I’ve been on a fair few organised road trip tours and know one or two tour managers fairly well.  A few pieces of advice that may assist your efforts.  

1. I wouldn’t refer to it as a rally, particularly if you get involved with the local officials in many of the countries (which you will) - it doesn’t read well.

2. People must have absolute trust in the tour organisers abilities and knowledge both on the road and in difficult or unfortunate situations.  Can you drive well enough that others will not feel held back?  What skill sets can you bring to the party.  Assume your not alone in this endeavour? 

3. Set yourself apart from the others already doing it and some doing it well.  Perhaps the usual fair of Wales, Alps, etc are not differentiating enough.  What’s your USP?  

4. What clientele are you targeting, will people mix well and how will you ensure this is managed.   

Just a few thoughts from me but I’m sure you have it covered ??

thanks Beanoir, please try the following link :)

https://goo.gl/forms/1EDToAfV9dKgNWTD3

Appreciate your comments and agree with you totally with the points that need considering. And yes I'm avoiding calling it a rally, and calling it a road tour.

I'll post the my website here shortly - so hopefully it'll be of interest to you, and you'll get a feel for where I'm heading towards. For now I will be offering the usual, more to do with getting the ball rolling than anything else - but I have a few things up my sleeve which I won't yet reveal yet

As I mention on my survey I've been my own road trips for the last few years across the globe. But I also know it's a whole other ball game when other people are involved.

Edited by Shuey Chow

• Founder
23 minutes ago, Shuey Chow said:

thanks Beanoir, please try the following link :)

https://goo.gl/forms/1EDToAfV9dKgNWTD3

Appreciate your comments and agree with you totally with the points that need considering. And yes I'm avoiding calling it a rally, and calling it a road tour.

I'll post the my website here shortly - so hopefully it'll be of interest to you, and you'll get a feel for where I'm heading towards. For now I will be offering the usual, more to do with getting the ball rolling than anything else - but I have a few things up my sleeve which I won't yet reveal yet

As I mention on my survey I've been my own road trips for the last few years across the globe. But I also know it's a whole other ball game when other people are involved.

All done for you chief ??

So I’ve just launched my website guys - this first tour is just 2 night/3day run in wales starting in the northwest.

www.theblackrunrally.com

if you guys or anyone else think might be interested, then let them know.

Ive decided not to rush a European tour, and actually set it up properly. I’ll prob be doing a solo Europe tour in new year, for anyone interested as a research trip, if anyone wants to tag along :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2018 at 11:19, Craiglm68 said:

Looks interesting! Shall kick tyres with a mate who might also be up for it (996 driver.....pfft), assume best book via the website?

Cheers

Hey Craig - so I've decided to postpone the dates til mid-late october either the 19th or 26th October - if this is still of interest to you guys. I've had a few people who are keen, but couldn't make the dates work.

The only concern is weather might not be ideal driving weather - let me know if those dates are of interest - and you and your mate would be up for it.
Currently I have one possible Alfa 4C, two Z4s, my own Z4 coupe, and maybe an M3. Hoping to have people confirm before September 9th.

I'll only hold the drive if I have at least 4-5 cars in total, and would only be taking payment, once I have final numbers. Anyway let me know

3 hours ago, Shuey Chow said:

Hey Craig - so I've decided to postpone the dates til mid-late october either the 19th or 26th October - if this is still of interest to you guys. I've had a few people who are keen, but couldn't make the dates work.

The only concern is weather might not be ideal driving weather - let me know if those dates are of interest - and you and your mate would be up for it.
Currently I have one possible Alfa 4C, two Z4s, my own Z4 coupe, and maybe an M3. Hoping to have people confirm before September 9th.

I'll only hold the drive if I have at least 4-5 cars in total, and would only be taking payment, once I have final numbers. Anyway let me know

##Thanks for the heads up Shuey, unfortunately i'm away during that period (wifey whisking me away somewhere out of the country for my 50th!). Let me know re other events coming up as I'd like to join in. Cheers1

2 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

##Thanks for the heads up Shuey, unfortunately i'm away during that period (wifey whisking me away somewhere out of the country for my 50th!). Let me know re other events coming up as I'd like to join in. Cheers1

No worries - sure, I think the next tour would prob in Europe around March / April next year. Will update you a couple months before I have details confirmed. And congrats on the big 50! Have fun :)

• Haha 1