Horn and Steering wheel controls not working

Hi my horn and steering  wheel controls have stopped working. I have checked fuses but can't find anything that is out. Has anyone got any idea's what it could be?

On 04/08/2018 at 16:16, phil27 said:

Hi my horn and steering  wheel controls have stopped working. I have checked fuses but can't find anything that is out. Has anyone got any idea's what it could be?

Have you tried replacing the horn fuse with a new one just in case?  Is there a clicking coming from the relay when you press the horn?  

12 hours ago, DKR_77 said:

Have you tried replacing the horn fuse with a new one just in case?  Is there a clicking coming from the relay when you press the horn?  

I looked at the fuses but nothing seemed wrong. Although I was unsure what fuse actually was for the horn I couldn’t find one that was specifically listed for it in the diagram in the fuse box. I haven’t noticed any clicking sound to be honest.

Made a total mess of replying haha!

Edited by phil27

• Founder

Helpful comment...

”check the controller under the passenger seat it might be wet i had the same thing 3 weeks ago it’s a common fault so i’m told my bill is up too £1000 so far with labour being £50 an hour of your handy you could probably do it yourself wish i had lol hope this is of some help”

31 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

Helpful comment...

”check the controller under the passenger seat it might be wet i had the same thing 3 weeks ago it’s a common fault so i’m told my bill is up too £1000 so far with labour being £50 an hour of your handy you could probably do it yourself wish i had lol hope this is of some help”

This got me worried! Just been out to check and thankfully under the seats are bone dry. Bizarrely the horn and steering wheel controls are now working so it appears it’s intermittent. That does make me wonde if it is a control unit that’s playing up though.

• 1 month later...

Just to update this turns out the problem was with steering wheel cassette having a fault. Just over £200 for diagnostics replacement part and fitting. Started fearing it could be a lot more costly if it had been a control unit.