New exhaust needed

Franco

Hi all,

long time lurker 1st time poster.

i need a new exhaust on my Cayman S  987.1 2006, I have had some contact with Gert at carnewal, but as I need to replace my exhaust due to corrosion this might not be the best option.

any recommendations for new back boxes?

ive have owned Subaru's and used Hayward & scott and see they offer an exhaust, anyone with experience.

thanks in advance.

Christian.

Hi Christian, 

There are a few people in the club who have H&S systems on their cars so will hopefully be along to share some thoughts, having only been behind a car with one fitted, I can confirm they do sound good! :)

Gert at Carnewal has replacements as well as his "porting" service fur yours. 

Speak with him - he sold me a low mileage replacement which had already been "improved". In my opinion, It's the best, cheapest option plus it's a great day out. 

Kai 

Edited by Kai
Misspelt

Hi guys, I need a new back box as well as mine had a pretty poor weld repair before I bought it - think it's blowing a little now.

Really wouldn't fancy taking the drive over there though. So, that said, is there any, more local outfits please let me know.

Edited by Barry
Grammar!

If it was me, I'd still do the Carnewal trip. 

Put earplugs in if need be ?

Gert can sell you the back boxes already done so you drive in and drive out with replaced and improved exhaust- win, win 

Kai 

Hi Barry, if you did want to go down the Carewal route then you could look at buying a replacement PEM system and sending it to Gert for his touches, then fit it when it's returned.