Viewing a Cayman tomorrow..

UKtom

Hey Cayman Owners ?

I've just sold my current car and in the market for a gen 2 Cayman. I'm going to see and possibly test drive this tomorrow, which seems good spec and mileage for the price - I specifically want a PDK model.

Can anyone advise me of things to look out for?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/cayman/porsche-cayman-2-9-2dr-pdk-stunning-example/7516543

Thanks,
Tom

• Like 1

It says it's got full service history, it would be nice to think the stamps in the book were backed up by receipts detailing exactly what was done, and any additional work. Check when the PDK oil was changed, and the spark plugs. Make sure the engine is cold when you first see it, then start it and run it for a few seconds and turn it off, leave it for a while and look aroung the car & paperwork, then start it again and check there's no oil smoke - sometimes, some 2.9s can smoke on start-up and those are typical conditions when it might occur.

The car you are looking at does not have satnav (I'm not sure whether that will meen it doesn't have bluetooth phone connection), it does not have Sport Chrono, and it has button gearshift rather than paddles, all of which may or may not be important to you.

Have you seen this one, a little light on spec again but it does have proper paddles https://www.mole-valley.co.uk/porsche-cayman-24v-pdk-in-dorking-surrey-6198416

• Like 1

Thanks twopointnine - some good points. I checked the car over, it met all of my criteria and I absolutely loved it. Flappy paddles would've been nice, but were not an essential for me.

Good news is, deposit has been paid! It is due an MOT and new rear brakes, plus a few bodywork bits to be sorted, but I shall be collecting it this coming Saturday - I'm too excited!!

Here it is:

IMG_3793.jpg

The drive was superb, I was really impressed with the PDK gearbox and impressed with the comfort too. Putting a deposit down made it all the easier to accept the fact that a few hours earlier someone drove my other pride and joy away :(

IMG_3788.jpg

Onwards and upwards. Roll on next Saturday 19th!

Tom

Edited by UKtom
  • Like 1