2018 Oulton RS Day

ian964

Booked ????

Fortunately I had an MSV trackday voucher that SWMBO bought me for my birthday a couple of months back so I’ve used that ??.

I’ll travel up from Bucks the day before if anyone else from the South decides to travel up to this. 

I'm booked too. Will be going up on the Thurs night and staying locally (Alvanley Arms). Was a great day last year with some exciting machinery and good drivers so looking forward to it once again.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the late response but I will travel up from Hertfordshire on the Thursday mid PM if work allows and stay at the Alvanley Arms just the night before. Like last year, I'll probably make a move about 3:30pm to head home on the day. Friday eve traffic should be a dream (not!). 

Hi Masher, we could convoy up together possibly - I’m in Bucks near Aylesbury. If you were planning to go up the M40 we could meet at Oxford services perhaps?

I’ll get booked into the Alvanley for the Thursday. 

I have family in Cheshire, so was thinking of visiting them on the Friday to avoid the journey back down until a (quieter) Saturday morning.

Cheers, Jason

On 09/12/2017 at 16:39, Masher964 said:

Not sure I can commit to a given time presently. Might have a work commitment on the Thurs in Nottingham which I'd need to do en-route. Sorry, nice idea. 

No problem fella, will see you there. The Alvanley is full already so I need to find alternative accom nearby. 

11 hours ago, Masher964 said:

Jason - I'll be in a Peridot CR so assuming there are not many of these there, please come over and say hi. Be good to meet up (you can show me how to drive!).

Cheers

Mick

I shall come and introduce myself on the day Mick. 

See you in March!

Jason

Typically this meet books up within a few weeks of being announced. May already be full. Little chance of turning up on the day and getting to drive on track but you're welcome to fill the empty seat in mine for a few laps if you come along (the empty seat is the one without a wheel and pedals :12_slight_smile:)

• 1 month later...

Anyone else get onto this before it booked up?

im staying in a MacDonald golf  club hotel about 3 miles away in Taporley if anyone on this forum is staying there too. 

Ill be going up midday (from Bucks) on the 8th to visit demon tweeks in Wrexham for a helmet if anyone wants to travel up together. 

• 1 month later...

I'll be there on the day, but I am planning on taking my old 911. Very tempted to take the CR as know there is usually a small group of fellow R's having fun. If I don't this year then will definitely take it next year. if you see a red CR on the day its probably me!

9 hours ago, MJ said:

I'll be there on the day, but I am planning on taking my old 911. Very tempted to take the CR as know there is usually a small group of fellow R's having fun. If I don't this year then will definitely take it next year. if you see a red CR on the day its probably me!

See you there MJ, I’m in a white 987.2 S. 

Cant wait ????????

i'll amble over and have a chat with you R boys at some point if I see you relaxing in the pits :) 

It was absolutely brilliant - quite simply the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on! ????????

id just like to say thanks to:

1) Steve Brooke’s for welcoming me into his social group in garage 8

2) Andy Fagan for letting me dump all my overnight and awayday kit in his garage 22

3) Mick ‘masher’ for turning me. The same colour as his peridot cayman R on some passenger laps with him

4) Kevin Furber for sowing the seeds of desire (pending blokenomics convincing of SWYMBO and the selling of at least one vital organ) for a Cayman GT4 after some passenger laps in his GT4

i was the slowest car on the track, but racked up 80 Oulton Park miles at 16mpg and brought my baby back home in 1 piece. Happy days ????

I will I’ll definitely do that again next year (just need a GT4 and a LOT of track tuition....

oh and MSV run an excellent track day for the record ?????

Cheers, Jason