Chris Harris - new Top Gear presenter!!!

Beanoir™

There's been a lot of moaning elsewhere on FB etc, I think given they are pretty much unknown in the entertainment circles. 

Im a fan though, and we get the best of both worlds, the old Clarkson, May and Hammon trio on their own show and a new TG crew on another channel.  

Fifth Gear will have to up their game now! 

• Like 1

Chris is a top bloke and I know he will put his heart and soul into this project as he does on every project. I think Sabine might be a bit wooden. As for being relative unknowns so were the original 2002 team at top gear. 

I'm a fan of Chris Harris, so glad to see it, although not a fan of the BBC so hope they don't ruin him.  

I wonder what the new TG format will be like, whether they will move it back to being a factual car program like the Noel Edmonds days, or still an entertainment show like of recent times.  If the latter, then competing with the new Clarkso/May/hammond show on Prime will be interesting, assuming that remains the same format...interesting to see what comes of it all.  

Role on 2016! 

The worst thing they can do is try and mimic the Clarkson/May/Hammond Top Gear by trying to be 'too funny'. The best Top Gears (in my opinion anyway) were the mildly serious roadtrips - supercars driving through gorgeous scenery. These are the ones where the chemistry worked between the presenters, if the new presenters follow this format then they can judge how the chemistry between them flows before they then try some of their own ideas.

As others have said, it'll be interesting, hopefully we should have a new fresh programme with new presenters while at the same time we have Clarkson and co over on Amazon.

I've only known of Chris Harris since researching my Cayman purchase via Youtube etc.

Seems to be a good critic. What's his background/history - anyone know?

• Founder
11 minutes ago, DJMC said:

I've only known of Chris Harris since researching my Cayman purchase via Youtube etc.

Seems to be a good critic. What's his background/history - anyone know?

He used to work for Autocar, then Evo and I believe some stuff for Pistonheads(?).  But more recently it's been on Youtube that he publishes reviews under the /DRIVE channel, he's quite entertaining I find. 

He's got some racing experience as well, but I don't think it's vast. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Red Square Images said:

Just to update this. I had a chat with Chris over dinner in Geneva and he confirmed that he is continuing to do web work and that its keeping him busier than TV. I'm hoping to do a couple of Porsche Projects with him this year.....

Fraternising with Chris Harris, what a job! 

Porsche projects eh...??  

I've known him for years (long before his top gearedness and web stuff) He's a top bloke. Porsche Projects will be revealed in due course. we need to close out some of the details before his involvement.

• 1 month later...

I'm still undecided on my thoughts on the new TG lineup, I agree that Chris Harris is great, but do wonder how much they will feature of him, hopefully it'll be mainly car reviews and some 'proper' driving, then leave the challenges to the rest of them. 

I've already read about them keeping things like the Cool Wall and the Stig going as the BBC own the rights them both, as they do to the Celb In The Reasonably Priced Car feature. If they run it in the same format then I can;t see it working with that many people involved. 

However, like him or loath him, Chris Evens does know his TV and how to make a success of things. 

It'll be an interesting year for sure, with Amazon giving the other three a huge budget, god knows what they will come up with!