Luggage recommendation

graham.reeds

1 hour ago, graham.reeds said:

As I posted on the 23 January:

So you need 2 of each.

Just mailed a bunch of Porsche crest sellers on ebay to see if we can get a bulk discount.

IMG_20180119_100148.jpg

Ahhh I’d not seen the sketch...I thought these were 2x stacking in the front.  Measurements make sense now. 

Im definnately interested in a set. Even better if we get the crest on! 

I've emailed Melrose too.  Just spotted that Graham is driving a 987, need to make are that the 718 boots are not that different sizes  to the 718

I got all excited when I saw the fact they printed logos onto the bags. But they've confirmed that they won't do the Porsche crest as they don't have the copyright. Ive asked if there is anyway around this  maybe using the P O R S C H E logo/typeface or maybe the Cayman typeface, not sure if an embroidered badge is the way to go! 

Any ideas, anyone have access to a Porsche crest that is 'amended' enough to not be in copyright? Seems a lot less hassle than buying patches? 

Edited by Simon Walker
addition

On 09/05/2018 at 12:56, graham.reeds said:

Just got an eBay confirmation that 4 patches for £35 have been sent.

Graham, I got some prices from Mnntrose too but have held off as I wanted to measure up against the practicality of having all the boot space used vs actually being able to use elsewhere ie as aircraft hand luggage. Just haven’t got around to this yet, but away at the weekend so will have chance for the 1st time since collecting the car to see how the current bags work. 

Love the idea of personalizing the bags but patches look a little pricy, they would do the Cayman logo but they can only print on a white patch which I think would look a little odd on the black bags I want. 

Very interested in seeing how yours turn out. 

Patches were advertised as £10.00 each with zero p&p. I offered £30 for four. He countered £35. I accepted. Got charged £1.50 as the sender failed to put correct postage on. Spot the odd one out...

IMG_20180522_111446.jpg

IMG_20180522_111511.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2018 at 11:19, graham.reeds said:

Patches were advertised as £10.00 each with zero p&p. I offered £30 for four. He countered £35. I accepted. Got charged £1.50 as the sender failed to put correct postage on. Spot the odd one out...

IMG_20180522_111446.jpg

IMG_20180522_111511.jpg

Any update on these...looking forward to seeing the results 

14 hours ago, Simon Walker said:

Any update on these...looking forward to seeing the results 

Unfortunately not. Got my respray/touch up next week so that is taking priority.  Also had tyres and brakes replaced so it's been an expensive few days.