UK / Euro road trip

• Founder

April sounds good to me, it’s my 40th in the first week of May, so a good excuse to warm up for that :) 

Definitely can’t do 22-25 June as I’m at a Foo Fighters gig that weekend :108_metal:

Eurotunnel prices:

April wknds - £64 rtn

(NB - that’s a Friday dept from Folkestone between 0700-0800 & a Monday dept from Calais between 15:00-1600)

June wknds - £61 rtn (same timings)

Obviously I can play around with timings but I thought the outbound would give us plenty of time to get to the ring on the Friday at a relaxed pace, maybe even visit the museum and check in to accom and have some dinner etc. And Monday dept time should give us plenty of slack for a sensible wake up and another relaxed drive to Calais. 

I think i’d plan to drive to Folkestone on the Thursday night and find a cheap premier inn type hotel just for that night, to avoid any possible M25 delays on the Friday morning. 

Ive emailed the RingHaus hotel for room availability and prices for April and June (Foos gig noted Nick ??). 

Of of course I’ll look on the likes of trivago etc too. 

Jason

Ringhaus has replied, they appear to have availability of single rooms, twin rooms and double rooms on the following wknds:

April 20-23

April 27-30

June 8-11

Single = €45

Twin = €85

Double = €95

all B & B. 

Personally I’d like the April 27-30, or the  June 8-11 weekends (June possibly best in case I ‘bend’ the car at Oulton Park in March!)

If there are serious takers for this then let’s have a ‘show of hands’ for preferred dates (27-30 Apr / 8-11 Jun). 

Then we we can work out who books what etc en masse so we end up on the same Euro crossing and in the same digs. 

??????

Jason

Edited by Windymiller

All sounds good and stayed at the ringhaus last time we went as had a big group, would just need to check out the dates and as long as they fit then I for one am in

3 hours ago, Nail it said:

Well anyone else as if not it looks like Jason and myself will be sharing lol

Taxi for 1 (or 2)?

☹️?

at least it’ll be a cheap round on the steins and currywursts... ?????

Just been reminded that off to Le mans in june, so if you do go then miss Sunday 17th  and monday 18th as the crossing will be shocking, also people start going on the tuesday before but wednesday is normally the worse day

1 hour ago, Nail it said:

Just been reminded that off to Le mans in june, so if you do go then miss Sunday 17th  and monday 18th as the crossing will be shocking, also people start going on the tuesday before but wednesday is normally the worse day

Top intel Nailit. 

The wknd of 15-18 June is not an open ‘tourist drives’ wknd on the Nordschleife so not a goer anyway. 

For me its it’s one of the 2 wknds of 27-30 April or 8-11 June, pending Munch197 and Nicks responses. 

Are you off to Le Mans then? In a group or solo?

Yes going to Le mans again all booked in at Porsche on the curves 

Great few days away and one of the best car related things I have ever done and I have done a few different things over 33 years 

On 01/02/2018 at 00:10, Nail it said:

Yes going to Le mans again all booked in at Porsche on the curves 

Great few days away and one of the best car related things I have ever done and I have done a few different things over 33 years 

Unfortunately been reminded of some stately Home 1-day festival thing SWMBO has us booked in for that very weekend. Shame, the Lycian Events PCGB trip to Porsche curves look great. 

And ive been reminded of a family event 27/04. 

So my 2 options are:

20-23 April

8-11 June

its all gone quiet on here, so I’ll leave it a couple of weeks for any takers and if none, then I’m booking a mono-crossing and digs for ‘Billy no mates’ me ?

????

What with going to LeMans a few days after the June dates you have mentioned then as you may guess I wouldn't be able to make a second long weekend away in the same month, to much to try and sort out with work ECT.

2 hours ago, Nail it said:

What with going to LeMans a few days after the June dates you have mentioned then as you may guess I wouldn't be able to make a second long weekend away in the same month, to much to try and sort out with work ECT.

Mmmmh, perhaps July 6-9? ?

But that’s 6 months away, and I need to drive the (wheel) nuts off the ‘snow queen’ sooner than that.... ??????

Would rather go early in the year as things get busy as we get into summer more, but it also depends on weather as the ring can have a lot of snow and April can be very hit and miss

• 1 month later...

I’d be interested in a blast to the Ring and the Blackforest , went a couple of years back the  N500 road through the Black Forest is an amazing piece of tarmac .

May /June suits 

Edited by Joff Gas

• 2 months later...

Would be up for this for long weekend or a week. Have crossed the Alps many times on bikes and in cars and there is a particular pass that has something like 600 bends in 12k.

On 22/05/2018 at 23:03, Keith W said:

Would be up for this for long weekend or a week. Have crossed the Alps many times on bikes and in cars and there is a particular pass that has something like 600 bends in 12k.

Hi Keith,

it all went quiet on this and I’ve satiated my appetite to some extent with a couple of trackdays through the spring and a couple more booked for the summer. 

Perhaps lll resurrect this thread later in the year with a view to early scheduling a euro trip with interested folks for late spring / summer 2019 ?

??????