40k Major service - nothing to report...

DJMC

This is why I'd rather go to a decent reputable indy with vast years of knowledge, more mechanical and ownership empathy etc. Over OPC apprentice/spanner monkeys that you're paying through the nose for just for a stamp in the book.  Skills and knowledge over a stamp every day for me. 

Sorry to hear of your troubles... 

4 hours ago, Bushman said:

maybe a copy of the dashcam recordings should mysteriously find its way to Porsche GB

Oops! :/

I believe there is an inherent fault in the 981 cabin air fan motors which can result in the fan randomly sticking and failing to operate sometimes. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=231&t=1554693

This thread refers to accessing the fan by removing a cover in the front trunk which allows you to manually rotate the fan to unstick it (carefully!) if cycling the ignition off/on doesn't work.  Not very satisfactory I know, especially as I'm contemplating a 981 myself!

This would be my guess, rather than anything the OPC might have done.

Edited by Woodhouse
Update

As it's under warranty I think I'll leave it for the (different) OPC to sort and replace the part/s causing the issue. Would be useful for others too to know there is a permanent solution and also what causes it and if parts have been upgraded to resolve this known issue, if that IS what's causing it. Thanks for reminding me though. I had read about this before but didn't link it. Is there usually clicking in the dash too? A relay perhaps?

On 30/03/2018 at 20:19, Munch197 said:

This is why I'd rather go to a decent reputable indy with vast years of knowledge, more mechanical and ownership empathy etc. Over OPC apprentice/spanner monkeys that you're paying through the nose for just for a stamp in the book.  Skills and knowledge over a stamp every day for me. 

Sorry to hear of your troubles... 

I've been thinking the same, especially watching the footage of the technician talking about having to pop the boot lid to check the oil level via the dash! :4fvgdaq_th:

To TOP UP the level yes, but not to check it via the electronic gauge surely?