Tyre choice

Probably not a great idea re mixing the profiles ....but can't say I've ever tried it.....I'd imagine there's potential for general characteristics of front and rears to vary more than you'd want.  A theoretical workaround might to do something creative with increasing the width at the back  so that height ratios from front to rear stay as close to the original spec as possible.  I went slightly oversize myself but kept the same profile front and read (net effect was  tyre height increasing 4-5 mm )

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I have to say imo all this talk of only fitting N rated tyres is a croc of shite!

Fitted Yokohama AD08R's to the front for my recent track day on Brands Indy (I had to order the rears from Germany & they hadn't arrived in time!) ... The muuuch grippier Yoko fronts created too much oversteer for the Mich Pilot Super Sport rears to cope with & I had a 360* moment around Druids!

Fitted the rear Yoko's & just did the full GP & the grip front & rear is leaps ahead of the Mich tyres imo

• 2 weeks later...

I had Bridgestone Potenzas on mine when I bought it. Quite liked them, seemed ok. Rears lasted 10k and that includes having fun. Just swapped to Michelin PS2s so will find out what they’re like now.