Brake pads

I have recently fitted Sebro Slotted discs front with Ferodo DS11.1 pads and Pagid drilled rears and Ferodo DS3000 pads.

Seems to be fade free, 40 minute session at Spa with no problem.

And before anyone asks, they are dusty and squeal but they just get better when really hot.

The cold pedal is a bit "dead" but it soon comes on within a couple of seconds, just have to be aware of this.

They dont have slots for wear indicators but its so easy to check the pads visually. Why would you wait for the light to come on ?

Recently fitted new discs and pads to my Cayman R. 

Went with genuine Porsche discs and Pagid RS29 pads. Had to go out very late and find a quiet dual carriageway to bed them in ?

Took the car to track a couple days after having the brakes done and was very impressed with the performance - I also have the GT3 master cylinder and GT3 ducts fitted. 

Yes there's some squeal at low speed, with gentle braking, but anything from medium pressure upwards is fine. 

41077422575_b36d4d5a08_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2018 at 01:21, anon_uk said:

I have some Ferodo DS2500 pads fitted. From memory when they are on you can't have pad wear sensor fitted at the same time? on the front at least.

I removed my pad sensors to save an extra few grams lolo... Total waste of time fitting pad wear sensors anyway imo... If you don't know when your pads are near their useful limit then you aren't "looking after" your motor imo...

On 30/03/2018 at 16:01, Gazwaz said:

Any images or links to the air ducts you're talking about.. 

I had end yellow on Cooper s.. absolutely shocking..

My mate worked in brake factory in town and brembo and standard pads were exactly same except they cost more and they put a brembo sticker on them... 

Might just stick with OEM.. I heard carbotech are half decent 

really? OEM on cayman was textar.....

For track PF are great but will eat the bottom of your car. I have first hand experience of this on my track car. I run RS29s on my Cayman

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2018 at 01:14, Mavrik said:

I swear by Ferodo DS2500 compound pads in all my cars (I also use Ferodo Xrac pads on my RR7 HRC Fireblade motorcycle)

Got them on my 308 bhp Zed & MK Indyblade kit car

Not as aggressive as the 3000 compound "race" pads but a good crossover fast road/track pad

The standard cross-drilled discs are a little rubbish imo & I'm considering upgrading to dimpled & grooved discs instead http://kinetixbrakes.co.uk/brake_porsche.html

I also only use DOT 5.1 fluid

https://www.larkspeed.com/category/view/DS2500PORSCHE/Ferodo-DS2500-Pads-Porsche-

These would be the Kinetix?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinetix-Front-Axle-Dimpled-and-Grooved-Performance-Brake-Discs-318mm-TX017/372268662437?fits=Model%3ACayman|Cars+Type%3A2.9&hash=item56acf0fea5:g:Q5MAAOSwB-1YrCCM

• 2 months later...