Anyone into Photography?

Red Square Images

19 minutes ago, Nail it said:

6d

7d mk1

canon 100/500, 24/105, 50mm and 85mm, plus other bits but that's the main stuff

Some nice stuff there. Whats the 6D like? I recently bought a 5D MKIII for video as I didn't want tot  burn the hell out of the sensor on my 1Dx. Loving the 5DIII but it feels a bit small by comparison.

It's nice and light and small body so much better to carry around, plus it's great in low light without the need for a flash,  in fact I use it almost all the time these days as I find it much better than the 7d to use and the picture quality slightly better as well

just noticed that I said 100/500 that's wrong it's 100/400 and it's a great lens

Need to switch my laptop on and upload a few pics, but love the ones you have posted and can see you know what your doing

plus much nicer positions you can get yourself in being a pro at these events, would like to see more.

going to LeMans this year and hoping to get some good pics plus a few other shows as well

• Founder
39 minutes ago, Red Square Images said:

I didn't want tot  burn the hell out of the sensor on my 1Dx. 

Thats a cracking bit of kit, love the ability to really up the ISO and with hardly any grain, it's almost witchcraft!  

I'd love a 5DMkIII, my 1DmkIII is a bit long in the tooth now.  

36 minutes ago, Nail it said:

Need to switch my laptop on and upload a few pics, but love the ones you have posted and can see you know what your doing

plus much nicer positions you can get yourself in being a pro at these events, would like to see more.

going to LeMans this year and hoping to get some good pics plus a few other shows as well

Take my advice, skip Lemans. Come to the 24 at Nurburg! Much much better race. 

• Founder

Here's a non-Porsche photo, i'm struggling (scraping the barrel) to find anything half decent, but i've always like this one.  

My friend and his brother's Trans-Am

And a really old panning shot I did on an ancient D30!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

We do indeed. I'm off to cover the 1st round of the World Rally Championship next week. Keep an eye on my Twitter for updates @redsquareimages. 

Be good to see the WRC photos on here, or a few chosen few.  Loving this thread!  

Wow some great pictures there Red Square.  I do like a good photo but lack the skill and gear to pull off photos like that. I did buy a Sony RX100 mk3 late last year which I love, don't bother with my 550d anymore. 

I'd like to gain a little more control over my photography and have been considering a digital SLR, nothing too fancy, or expensive, possibly something like the Nikon D3300. When I went to look at cameras my attention was drawn to Compact System Cameras -Anyone here have any experience with Compact System Cameras?

Edited by twopointnine
I cut out the waffle!