First cayman s

vwhatton

I'd be very interested to hear what your thoughts on the springs are vs the stock set up for ride quality- I normally favor Eibach products for an oem ride and was thinking about getting some springs but I'm considering leaving it and getting the Bilstien PSS kit at a later date ie, when it needs shocks!

the fronts are rather easy if you drop the whole hub out the backs are a diffrent story as you can see from the pics how much needs to be taken off just to get the strut out. also half the boot trim needs to be removed just to get to the top nuts to remove the strut. i have done all this work my self so saved quite a few quid. as for bolts the main drop link bolts that go through the hub were quite hard to get out being a steel bolt into a alloy hub. 

The rears are a nightmare, well done for giving it a go yourself though.  Did you replace the bottom wishbones or are they ok?

Hows it looking with new springs?

Edited by 987Monkey

11 hours ago, vwhatton said:

once i did one side the other was rather easy. just drove it to work this morning for a geo and a rolling road. the lower arms seem ok tbo ill see what the geo says. its looks rather nice on springs ill get some pics up later 

What did the rolling road say?  

• Founder

Cracking job on those seats, great idea and I bet it didn't cost much either.  

Did the vinyl go on ok without too much in the way of wrinkles/bubbles?  I've clocked the heat gun!