First cayman s

vwhatton

I like the black edging to the white side panels. Did you consider this for the bonnet/roof/rear panel too, or thought it overkill?

Looks great anyhow, especially from front 3/4 angle.

thanks, yes i did consider it for the bonnet and roof but thought it was a bit over kill and look a bit odd. the side panels work so well as it defines the curves 

• Founder
On 15 March 2016 at 15:08, vwhatton said:

thanks hopefully getting some new wheels soon and some spacers. here is a better pic of the car 

12829069_464931977035238_477085372594061

Perfect Le Man road trip car now! 

• Like 1

When I had my TTS I vaguely looked into re-maps and APR would have been my choice if I'd kept the car and decided to go ahead.

When you say "remapped from work" do you mean you work for an APR dealer?

I have a couple of questions arising from reading APR's web page, here: https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_987s.html

1/ Does your map come with "Program switching" where you can switch between up to four different engine calibrations using the cruise control?

2/ 321 BHP is using 93 octane fuel. Did you put the car on the dyne to see what yours is producing, assuming you're using 99 RON?

3/ How much does it cost, installed?

4/ Does it affect MPG? I'd assume more power = more fuel? Probably too early for you to say.

yes i work for awesome gti thats APR uk head office. 

1 yes you can have switch able mapping on the porcshe but ive not had it put on mine

2 no its not been on the dyno yet just waiting on my exhaust to be made first and yes im using 98 ron fuel

3 the map on the 987 is £898.80 inc vat inc the rollong road from us at awesome gti.

4 i went out on sunday in it and the fuel was very good tbo i think its better mpg with the map on as it a lot smoother in the rev range will find out the fuel when i go away to austria in may. 

let me know if you need any more information  

Thanks Andy.

It was me who sent the message about the 981 tuning. Thanks for the info. Maybe when it's out of warranty.

Oh... and are you arranging a 20% discount for COC members, as Zunsport have done recently? ;)

• Like 1

On 02/03/2016 at 17:35, DJMC said:
9 hours ago, vwhatton said:
7 hours ago, DJMC said:

few little updates, first ive had the porsche remapped from work and wow what a massive difference its made to the car in power and torque. its gone from 291bhp to 321bhp. Its from APR and i would recommend doing this upgrade if you can. ivw also got some new wheels on the way for the car ill post a pic when they land this week. 

here is the graph for the map 

dyno_987_cayman_s_93_zps8iro5vuc.gif

went out with my mate the other night and took this out side porsche 

I'm not saying I'll spoil it by fitting non N PSS for instance, but whilst my OPC tell me not to fit non N marked tyres, whilst I really rated the 19" GY F1 A2s on my TTS which I've just fitted in 20" to my 981, and whilst I wait to see how the N marked PS4s are received, I see no reason to go "off track" with non N tyres presently.

I'm sure the Goodyears will handle anything I can throw at them for now. Off out on a 80 mile round trip in a while. I'll see how they fair.

This includes a catback exhaust - not clear what the remap itself is doing.

yes i can sort a discount out for any of the coc on any parts that i can get from work . as for the mapping thats with the car standared ill be puting mine on the rolling road when the exhaust is all sorted 

so last thursday the new wheel turned up there 1552 tarmacs in 19s 8.5 front 9.5 rear there in silver at the moment but will go white before i go to austria 

IMG_6470_zpswblt6cra.jpg

IMG_6465_zpstxvhdqee.jpg

That's the first time I've seen these wheels on Porsche, certainly different...and that's not a polite way of saying '"I don't like them" by the way

...I see them carbon wrapped or anthracite, not sure white will work as it may detract from the body colour scheme? 

Forever dirty in white too!?

• 3 weeks later...

Gave the cayman a bit of tlc over the weekend. list of jobs carried out were brake fluid service with ATE race fluid, full service, drive belt and gt3 brake ducts. car performs so much better now its had all that done. i did all the work my self very enjoyable but the drive belt there is not much room back there.  its now ready for the trip to austria in 2 weeks and a couple laps of the ring on the way back up 

quick pic out side porsche bolton to pick up some parts 

IMG_7025_zpsk7whdllu.jpg

IMG_7032_zpsf8psmsbf.jpg

IMG_7038_zps99dqxvgu.jpg

IMG_7039_zpszo75qatr.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CaymanDave said:

how easy was it to fit the GT3 brake ducts?  Are they are straight fit job?

rather easy tbo the clips that hold them on were the most tricky part to put back on 

• Like 1