Sorting out stands and meets

I’d be interested in an ACE cafe meet (not been since my days of being and Alfitsi... ah moment of wistful, but expensive reminiscing... ????).

Brands Hatch festival of Porsche too. 

and always the super sausage. 

And yes some sort of Euro / alps trip (in 2019, bit late for me to secure time off for it now in 2018). 

Thanks for taking the lead on this Nail It. ??

No, I tend to ride proper bikes that don't break down every 5 minutes. At the Ace there was always some poor sole with a Brit bike that had broken down..

Best bit was the Chilli Cheese n Chips , do they still do that I used to have it every time I went there which was 5-6 times a week.

Guess we will find out if we arrange a meet there on Porsche night.

On 07/06/2018 at 23:34, Keith W said:

No, I tend to ride proper bikes that don't break down every 5 minutes. At the Ace there was always some poor sole with a Brit bike that had broken down..

Best bit was the Chilli Cheese n Chips , do they still do that I used to have it every time I went there which was 5-6 times a week.

Guess we will find out if we arrange a meet there on Porsche night.

My overriding memory of the 59 club was 40 years ago, getting a pillion ride on a Kawasaki Z900 through east London. Terrifying!

Is it all british and Harley "snobbery" now?

• Founder
53 minutes ago, Keith W said:

Anyone know if there is a nice cafe in the peak district that we could meet up at , never been but would imagine there would be some good roads to make a day of it and possibly stay over so  that we can sample the local ale.

Now this is a sterling idea Keith!  

1 hour ago, Woodhouse said:

Anyone else going to the Classic Motor Hub's Porsche-only Coffee and Classics meet next Sunday 17th June?  

I will be in LeMans, so not me

But come on guys, there is a list off shows up ( on the right hand side in the main forum area) get involved, meet some like minded owners, use the car and go on some trips out in it and make some great memories.

Keith has a great idea and sounds fun, and I am up for it as long as I am not away 

14 hours ago, Keith W said:

Anyone know if there is a nice cafe in the peak district that we could meet up at , never been but would imagine there would be some good roads to make a day of it and possibly stay over so  that we can sample the local ale.

The Dog & Partridge on the A628 near the Woodhead Tunnel (abandoned Victorian rail tunnel) between Barnsley and Manchester used to be a cracking pie and ale type place with basic but comfy guest rooms and loads of parking in the middle of nowhere. 

Also the 628 is a stockingly good road, although also well renowned for lots of accidents.... ?

Edited by Windymiller

5 hours ago, Woodhouse said:

Anyone else going to the Classic Motor Hub's Porsche-only Coffee and Classics meet next Sunday 17th June?  

Out with my old man for Father’s Day, would bring him along but he’s a railway nut so that’s where we’re heading ????

3 hours ago, Windymiller said:

The Dog & Partridge on the A628 near the Woodhead Tunnel (abandoned Victorian rail tunnel) between Barnsley and Manchester used to be a cracking pie and ale type place with basic but comfy guest rooms and loads of parking in the middle of nowhere. 

Also the 628 is a stockingly good road, although also well renowned for lots of accidents.... ?

I believe the Dog & Partridge is purchasing the Woodhead Tunnels to be able to attract more car clubs there. Two of the three tunnels are being cleared and surfaced internally with tarmac, the third remaining a service/emergency service tunnel. The idea is for cars to be able to blast down one tunnel when the entrance traffic light goes green to indicate the tunnel has been cleared by the preceding vehicle, then back through the other, just for fun and to hear their own exhaust sound.

Microphones and cameras along the tunnel ceiling will feed video and sound back to the pub. The air vents on top of the tunnels will have seating areas around them and provision for occasional drinks and snacks when the weather is good (ice cream, bacon butties, etc).

The pub car park will be expanded and the pub will become a central hub for car and bike clubs to meet up.  Or did I just imagine all that...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodhead_Tunnel

25 minutes ago, DJMC said:

I believe the Dog & Partridge is purchasing the Woodhead Tunnels to be able to attract more car clubs there. Two of the three tunnels are being cleared and surfaced internally with tarmac, the third remaining a service/emergency service tunnel. The idea is for cars to be able to blast down one tunnel when the entrance traffic light goes green to indicate the tunnel has been cleared by the preceding vehicle, then back through the other, just for fun and to hear their own exhaust sound.

Wow that would be fantastic. I drove through the tunnels about 10 years ago when I worked for Balfour Beatty and we were planning a job with national grid to run HV cables (275/400kV - can’t remember which now ?) through them to reinforce the network. 

Unless those cables have now been removed I’d be very surprised if anything was allowed to go racing through them?

1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

Wow that would be fantastic. I drove through the tunnels about 10 years ago when I worked for Balfour Beatty and we were planning a job with national grid to run HV cables (275/400kV - can’t remember which now ?) through them to reinforce the network. 

Unless those cables have now been removed I’d be very surprised if anything was allowed to go racing through them?

Let's make it happen! ?

• Founder
On 10/06/2018 at 10:31, Nail it said:

But come on guys, there is a list off shows up ( on the right hand side in the main forum area) get involved, meet some like minded owners, use the car and go on some trips out in it and make some great memories.

Keith has a great idea and sounds fun, and I am up for it as long as I am not away 

We could do Porsche d'colour in France, that would be a good road trip and show combined?  

http://amicaleporschistesnormandie.org/wp/les-flyers-2018/

Its been on already this year, but can start planning for next year  

• Tom unfeatured this topic
  • Beanoir™ unpinned this topic