people&cars

2) Saturday November 10th:

windymiller

people&cars

3) Saturday November 24th:

windymiller

people&cars

15 hours ago, Nail it said:

Noise could be a problem for me and the 4, but will see if I can find any info on how GT4's have got on there

There have been lots of GT4s and GT3s at various Bedford track days I've been on, and none of them had an issue with noise - you can always turn the sports exhaust off if you think you're going to be close. Obviously that doesn't help anyone with a Carnwal, though ?

The October date could be good, just need to make sure I'm free as I think that might be half-term week.

BTW - which circuit configuration are we talking about for this? I assume it's not the full GT, is it the SW? Sorry if that's already been confirmed, may have missed it. 

Edited by Draven

33 minutes ago, Draven said:

There have been lots of GT4s and GT3s at various Bedford track days I've been on, and none of them had an issue with noise - you can always turn the sports exhaust off if you think you're going to be close. Obviously that doesn't help anyone with a Carnwal, though ?

The October date could be good, just need to make sure I'm free as I think that might be half-term week.

BTW - which circuit configuration are we talking about for this? I assume it's not the full GT, is it the SW? Sorry if that's already been confirmed, may have missed it. 

Hi Draven,

it would be the 1.8mile south west circuit, not the full 4mile GT circuit. 

27/10 is the end of the October half term week (in this neck of the woods) - I’ll be away with our gals tues-fri that week too.

1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

Hi Draven,

it would be the 1.8mile south west circuit, not the full 4mile GT circuit. 

27/10 is the end of the October half term week (in this neck of the woods) - I’ll be away with our gals tues-fri that week too.

Pretty sure the SW circuit is longer than 1.8miles - it's the same configuration as the GT circuit bar a couple of extra hairpins and short straights, and I think the GT is 3.8miles IIRC. But if it is the SW, that's a decent setup - it's what evo uses for its track evenings. 

As you say, Bedford is a great shout for anyone doing a first track day, too - loads of run off, and only a couple of places where it can go horribly wrong. That said, I wouldn't have thought the fast right hander onto the pit straight would be one of those places and I saw someone roll an M3 there ?

Thought that might be half-term - not sure what we're doing yet, so will have to check with my better half first ?

Date options:

1) Saturday October 27th:

windymiller (Jason)

Woodhouse

nail it (Duncan)

people&cars

Jonnyb

windymiller

people&cars

jonnyb

windymiller

people&cars

jonnyb

‘Bump’...

£99 for a Cayman only ‘how fast’ timed event at Bedford Autodrome - need 15 cars to make one of these dates work ???

Date options:

windymiller (Jason)

Woodhouse

nail it (Duncan)

people&cars

Jonnyb

windymiller

people&cars

jonnyb

windymiller

people&cars

jonnyb

Edited by Windymiller

3 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

Jason - I’ll put a reminder of this up on the OC Facebook page, often helps to prompt people ??

Cheers Nick, much appreciated - I’m not on Facebook, so wasn’t aware there was an OC page. 

Thanks, Jason

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be up for one of these dates but with a drive-by db limit of 87 I doubt I'd get in many laps tbh?

My Cayman S.1 runs 96db static but have been blacked at Brands twice on evening sessions due to pinging the 90db drive-by meters!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/08/2018 at 07:21, Windymiller said:

‘Bump’...(again)

£99 for a Cayman only ‘how fast’ timed event at Bedford Autodrome - need 15 cars to make one of these dates work ???

Date options:

windymiller (Jason)

Woodhouse

nail it (Duncan)

people&cars

Jonnyb

windymiller

people&cars

jonnyb

windymiller

people&cars

jonnyb

And final call for interest, or I’ll ask the moderators to close the thread to further responses due to lack of numbers.... (I suspect the October date is no longer available from MSV now anyway). 

Sorry, had my head up my butt for a while and only just seen this. Great initiative though too slim on numbers I fear...

Date options:

windymiller (Jason)

Woodhouse

nail it (Duncan)

people&cars

Jonnyb

windymiller

people&cars

jonnyb

Masher

windymiller

people&cars

jonnyb

Masher

Edited August 13 by Windymiller

On 04/08/2018 at 07:34, Windymiller said:

Ok, trying to make this a little easier for choice, if you want to come and play at Bedford in late October or early November can you please reply to this with your name against 1 or more of the following dates:

saturday October 27th:

windymiller

Saturday November 10th:

windymiller

Saturday November 24th:

windymiller

15 names are needed to make a day work. I’m happy to go with the most popular date. Once we’ve got numbers I’ll go back to MSV to secure a booking. 

Details of the event:

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/products/how-fast/

I can do November 10

On 12/09/2018 at 20:17, Windymiller said:

@ Mods - can you please close this thread due to lack of numbers to make it work. 

Thanks - maybe next year ??

Any moderators - can you please close this thread due to lack of numbers and the dates no longer being available from MSV. 

• Founder
6 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Any moderators - can you please close this thread due to lack of numbers and the dates no longer being available from MSV. 

Done! Missed it Jason, sorry ??