2019 LeMans & Alps tour

Hi all

Been toying with doing an Alps tour for a few years and myself and Keith got talking and decided that next year we should do it.

So with that in mind I thought it would be good to tie it in with LeMans, having been to LeMans a few times, I would say it's one off the best weekends you could have that's car related.

Would stop in side the track at Porsche curves at the Lycian site, stayed there the last few times and it's a great clean, safe site. With all the things you could want and in a great location.

So the plan is this

Leave Thursday morning on the channel tunnel and drive down to LeMans that day, 

Spend Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then leave Monday morning at LeMans 

Drive over to the Alps Monday and stay at a hotel.

Spend the next 2days doing the passes and tunnels 

Thursday morning drive back up and stop at the ring, so we can have an evening on the ring and stay over.

Friday drive back home.

This is what I have so far decided, but it might change and you could do just part off it if you wish.

If you fancy doing it or great and myself and Keith are going to put together a list off passes and hotels ect asap

So for now this is a post to see if it's just 2 off us or more ? Before I start ring up hotels.

Cheers dunc 

• Thanks 1

Yes it should be

LeMans is just an epic time and so much to see and do, plus it's still gives you full access to it all unlike most other motorsport events all for the same basic ticket price. If you have never been then you will just love it, from the great drive down with all the other brits to the 24 hour race its just fantastic.

The alps, the ring, tick off 3 bucket lists in one week.

Would be great to have a few do it and I hope we do get the chance to make some great memories 

On 09/09/2018 at 10:27, Beanoir said:

Sounds like a great trip! I love the Alps, A LOT! 

If anybody has yet to experience it then I highly recommend it, and building Le Mans and the ‘Ring into the trip its a petrolhead’s feast! Great idea Dunc! 

027D10CC-3C46-400C-A110-CC7A85800EFB.jpeg

where is this Ben?

On 13/09/2018 at 22:34, Nail it said:

Do it Jason, you will love it 

Probability is rising - discussed 2019 summer hols with SWMBO last night and 3- week hol will be 2020, so that gives me back a ‘free’ week for 2019 ??+?=???

On 09/09/2018 at 10:27, Beanoir said:

Sounds like a great trip! I love the Alps, A LOT! 

If anybody has yet to experience it then I highly recommend it, and building Le Mans and the ‘Ring into the trip its a petrolhead’s feast! Great idea Dunc! 

027D10CC-3C46-400C-A110-CC7A85800EFB.jpeg

You’re gonna need a ‘bigger boat’ (aka ‘Cayman/Porsche’) by then Nick....

??

Should get pricing for LeMans very soon as I have spoken to the lady that runs it and they are finalizing the pricing at the moment.

Then we just need to sort out what passes we want to do in the Alps and how many days it will take and go find a hotel.

But will get the LeMans price first

6 minutes ago, Nail it said:

Should get pricing for LeMans very soon as I have spoken to the lady that runs it and they are finalizing the pricing at the moment.

Then we just need to sort out what passes we want to do in the Alps and how many days it will take and go find a hotel.

But will get the LeMans price first

Nice moves Duncan ??

Susten / Gotthard / Furka passes?

this article is pretty good (apparently there’s better than the Stelvio....)

https://jalopnik.com/the-worlds-greatest-road-actually-sucks-here-are-fo-944904488

• Founder
2 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Nice moves Duncan ??

https://jalopnik.com/the-worlds-greatest-road-actually-sucks-here-are-fo-944904488

I've always said Stelvio is rubbish, nice to know somebody finally agrees with me! 

Nice article ?

Stelvio is one of those you should say you've done, but don't bother going back. The best roads around Andermatt are the Susten and Nufenen (very quiet and hardly ever gets a mention). There are so many you'll never get bored. You could add the Grand and Petite St Bernard, Simplon, the D925 to Bourg St Maurice, Col D'Liseran, etc, etc. 

36 minutes ago, mr pg said:

Stelvio is one of those you should say you've done, but don't bother going back. The best roads around Andermatt are the Susten and Nufenen (very quiet and hardly ever gets a mention). There are so many you'll never get bored. You could add the Grand and Petite St Bernard, Simplon, the D925 to Bourg St Maurice, Col D'Liseran, etc, etc. 

Sounds like a volunteer for route planning / setting there Mr PG.... ???

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Nice moves Duncan ??

Some epic roads there - planning for a Italian Alps / Swiss Alps roadtrip in the summer

Just received this book as a birthday present today - perfectly apt for this thread - the author and friends covered 15 passes in 4 days in a range of Porsche’s from a 906, 356, 911s, 930, 964, 993, 991, 918...(wet) dream list eh ????

The photos of the passes are simply stunning and the descriptions of the drives on them are enthralling. 

2CBDEF01-0225-48B4-B5C0-04504767806A.jpeg

• Founder
1 minute ago, Windymiller said:

Just received this book as a birthday present today - perfectly apt for this thread - the author and friends covered 15 passes in 4 days in a range of Porsche’s from a 906, 356, 911s, 930, 964, 993, 991, 918...(wet) dream list eh ????

The photos of the passes are simply stunning and the descriptions of the drives on them are enthralling. 

2CBDEF01-0225-48B4-B5C0-04504767806A.jpeg

Happy birthday mate!! ?