Cayman Gen2 Headlight Bulbs

RobDJ

22 hours ago, Bushman said:

Ive had mine in now for at least 18 months and two MOT tests with no comments or adviso's  to do with the lights. Ive never had flickering or canbus warnings either.  considering Ive changed dips, mains and front fogs, I think that's ok. I did change all the rear bulbs for LEDs too and still had no errors but the emitted light was too white and made the rear lights look pink, sun-faded and dated so for now, I put the original tungsten bulbs back in. 

I’m determined to get a set of LEDs working so might give them another go. 

• Like 1

I have a 987.1 CS with the night eyes and they flicker in cold weather. Brand new Porsche battery too (free after they had my car for 13 months in storage waiting on parts). 100% rested to temperature. Would like to know if there’s a way to rectify as I like the LED lights once working. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Daz said:

Just fitted Nighteyes. Easy job. Mind you I hate that crack when you unlock the head lights.😅

3B7F52F0-346E-4C5E-9A9B-765CC02AADB3.jpeg

• I was sure I'd broken something when I heard the noise on mine! 😆
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:
  • I was sure I'd broken something when I heard the noise on mine! 😆

The first time I took it off I thought the same!

Anyway, I think the headlights are a very fine bit of engineering. Are awesome! 

1 minute ago, Daz said:

What should I change the main beams to?

The full beam you mean?

I still not have found the replacement for those...I would like to change them as well

On 19/02/2019 at 19:03, mike3105 said:

I have a 987.1 CS with the night eyes and they flicker in cold weather. Brand new Porsche battery too (free after they had my car for 13 months in storage waiting on parts). 100% rested to temperature. Would like to know if there’s a way to rectify as I like the LED lights once working. 

Hi @mike3105 guessing that’s a typo in your comment “100% rested” guessing it should be “related”. I installed mine during winter but binned them shortly afterwards as they were flickering From cold but steadied out after 10 mins or so, so guessing it could be temp related. I’m convinced they were just a fault pair...... Chinese mass produced electronics sometimes your gonna get a duff item that gets through QA etc. 

On 11/03/2019 at 22:01, Maxheadroom said:

Hi @mike3105 guessing that’s a typo in your comment “100% rested” guessing it should be “related”. I installed mine during winter but binned them shortly afterwards as they were flickering From cold but steadied out after 10 mins or so, so guessing it could be temp related. I’m convinced they were just a fault pair...... Chinese mass produced electronics sometimes your gonna get a duff item that gets through QA etc. 

Yup, that was a typo!

I'm tempted to get another pair and see. If you have issues they ask you to cut the wires 🤨

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mike3105 said:

'm tempted to get another pair and see. If you have issues they ask you to cut the wires 🤨

Yeah, kinda weird statement in their instructions, mine just found their way into the bin.

• 2 years later...

I installed LEDs in my fog & running light housings in my 2006 CS for something less dim.  Unfortunately, those color temp are 6000k whereas the factory low beam HID is 4300k.

I've looked at YouTube for replacing the low beam HID bulbs and it appears that they have a small circular base held in by a wire spring clip.

I just received 6000k HID low beam in the mail and they have a rather chunky sheet metal aluminum base (1.5 X 1.5 X 1") although just above the aluminum base is a plastic, grooved collar.

The bulbs were advertised as direct replacements for an 06 CS with bi-xenon HID (D1S labelling, OEM bulbs are labeled D2S)

Before taking everything apart, can I expect these bulbs to fit?  Has anyone else run into this?

Apparently 981 utilize this type of low beam HID:

HID 6000k.jpg

HID (OEM).jpg