Cayman R Geo - Center Gravity

Sam@IoM

14 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Sam,

I have 4 x second hand OEM 5mm wheel spacers that I picked up a while ago. Looks like its only the front that are required for a Geo setup. If you wanna buy 2 off me send me a PM. Not looking for much.

If Sam doesn't want these, may I have 2nd shout on them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam@IoM said:

The increase in front track increases the leaver arm acting on the front antiroll bar reducing its effective rate. A similar change would be to put a smaller front ARB on the car. 

Better wet weather handling too

do the 5mm spacers only improve front track for S models? or a benefit to be had for an R too?  Would the longer bolts be required or can you get enough bite on the standard bolts? I was able to use 7mm spacers on my 911 with the stock bolts, hence the question.

Cant say I've noticed much understeer in the CR to be fair, even when really pushing it.

How did the OP get on at CoG ?

• Founder
8 minutes ago, MJ said:

do the 5mm spacers only improve front track for S models? or a benefit to be had for an R too?  Would the longer bolts be required or can you get enough bite on the standard bolts? I was able to use 7mm spacers on my 911 with the stock bolts, hence the question.

Cant say I've noticed much understeer in the CR to be fair, even when really pushing it.

I found more benefit on my R with the 7mm spacers. 

I bought longer bolts (in black) from the OPC, I didn’t want to risk it.  

6 hours ago, MJ said:

I'm heading there on the 19th - I'll report back. 

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, I'm back from CoG and I would highly recommend their services. I'm a Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer by trade and found it very reassuring just how much care and detail Chris took to understand the base car before doing a visual inspection of the entire car. He then adjusted the settings to what we discussed and I'm delighted with the outcome.

No doubt I'll be back next year to have some adjustable LCAs fitted and a more focused setup when the Cup2s go on. 

24 minutes ago, Sam@IoM said:

As promised, I'm back from CoG and I would highly recommend their services. I'm a Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer by trade and found it very reassuring just how much care and detail Chris took to understand the base car before doing a visual inspection of the entire car. He then adjusted the settings to what we discussed and I'm delighted with the outcome.

No doubt I'll be back next year to have some adjustable LCAs fitted and a more focused setup when the Cup2s go on. 

Can you upload your print out?

Did they have any trouble adjusting any of the arms due to bolts seizing?

2 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Can you upload your print out?

Did they have any trouble adjusting any of the arms due to bolts seizing?

No trouble with the bolts, although my car has only done 15,000 miles and had no witness marks on any of the adjusters. 

I can’t upload a picture as it’s over 0.98MB. I’ll see if I can reduce the size.....

• 8 months later...

@Dougle_turbo Hi, I'm getting on well with it. I did a trackday at Donington Park recently and the car felt superb, very stable on the brakes with lots of turn-in especially when trail braking. Tyre wear on the Cup2s was very good.

On the road it is very planted and feels nicely linear in its response.

Overall the car could do with more camber both front and rear but I can't achieve it without GT3 LCAs and I suspect it will compromise the on road performance.

I'm hoping to get some longer wheel bolts for my spacers and GIRO discs on next week ready for the 'ring and Spa in Sept. 

How are you finding yours? 

Mines been great, but I need to sort the geo out. I've destroyed a front left on track, something I knew would happen but just hadn't got round to making the required suspension changes. I've now fitted Elephant Racing LCAs to the front (I also have a pair for the rear but may not fit them) along with adjustable castor arms, I'll dial in 2.5 neg upfront and 2 neg at the rear and see how that goes. 

Chatted to CoG today and will get a full setup from them in September, for now I'll try the numbers above.