Sign in to follow this  
Windymiller

PCGB 2019 track day dates released

8 minutes ago, Sam@IoM said:

Anglesey 18th May & Donington 1st August are tempting! 

I’m booked on Anglesey, it’s very popular and fills up quickly. 

Donny does look good - need to get Xmas out the way first though before I book anymore trackdays 🤔🙄

Hi what's the cost for the may Anglesey day? Would I need to join the club it something before I could book?

Anglesey is fully booked (a reserve list is open.) ... not sure on the requirements for PCGB membership.

Edited by Mk1

13 hours ago, Mk1 said:

Anglesey is fully booked (a reserve list is open.) ... not sure on the requirements for PCGB membership.

PCGB membership is circa £80 PA or similar....must be honest, you get a few discounts for bits and bobs that might be worth something to you, but socially, places like COC, TIPEC are on a similar level.

As for Anglesey (and other tracks), this crew seem to offer a good range and prices, I ran on Silverstone GP track last Nov with them, seemed an organised lot and my insurer was happy with them

https://www.trackdays.co.uk/calendar/cars/

You do need to be a member of the PCGB to go on its specific track days.

I think i paid £69 last year for joint (me & Mrs) - mainly so she can get the club discount on my Xmas present list items 😉

They are Porsche only and tend to attract a more ‘repsectful’ crowd than some of the open pit lane days I’ve been to. 

I think PCGB membership is worth while if you want to engage socially with other owners at managed meets. 

Eg the Bicester heritage Xmas fayre was great as was the brands hatch festival of Porsche. 

Membership also opens up the opportunity for days on the test tracks at Silverstone at reduced rates with a Porsche driving instructor etc. 

You also get a monthly magazine which is well written, although quite orientated around marketing the brand, but it often has good articles about classic porkers and independent dealers (eg RPM have featured twice in the past 12 months). 

There are a few stuffy types in the PCGB (eg silver surfer brigade in brand new models who think they’re the best thing since sliced bread) but you just ignore them and gravitate to your ‘own kind’. 

Ive also used the club membership for discounts or upgrades on some hotel stays that the club have arrangements with (eg Montcalm in London).

I use the COC for more online chit chat and research etc, but I like the PCGB for the events and community - I’ve met some great people through both forums. 

For general track rack days I can also recommend MSV (they own and operate many of the big tracks - brands, Oulton, Cadwell, snetterton, Bedford ...). 

Many years ago I used javelin, they were good, but focussed more on airfield track days. 

I doubt id have got a passenger ride up the Kop Hill climb last year in a 1972 911e if I wasn’t a PCGB member. Now that’s an experience I’ll treasure for the rest of my days and was worth the membership fee alone 😁👍🏻

• Like 1