My 987c S

GTP

Thank you:)

I'm not totally sold on the wheels at the moment if I'm honest, I wanted to find a car that came with the Carerra Sport wheels instead but that was very difficult when added with the other options I was looking for but having said that sometimes I think they look just right! So they can stay for a bit!

Thank you!

Yes Royal did a brilliant job on the wheel, I used them before to do my brothers TRD steering wheel in his supra and they always do a good job. It took a bit longer then I would have liked (3 weeks) but that was because I wanted to make sure it was my wheel I got back not their exchange item. The wheel was one they do a fair bit which is thicker rim, nappa leather top and bottom, perforated sides, added thumb grips, centre stripe and the silver stitching. Price was excellent at £145.

On a another note my GT3 front brake ducts arrived today so thats another item on the 'to fit' listxD

• 2 weeks later...

Well, provided I get some time on saturday I have all this to go on:

GT3 82mm TB (still waiting on IPD inlet)

Oil change to Motul sport ester 5-40

New cabin filter

New plugs

Hel brake lines 

Motul rbf 660

GT3 master cylinder 

GT3 brake ducts

New Porsche AOS (preventative swap rather then needed as im in there with the throttle!)

Going to be an interesting day :D

20160208_135556.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GTP said:

Well, provided I get some time on saturday I have all this to go on:

GT3 82mm TB (still waiting on IPD inlet)

Oil change to Motul sport ester 5-40

New cabin filter

New plugs

Hel brake lines 

Motul rbf 660

GT3 master cylinder 

GT3 brake ducts

New Porsche AOS (preventative swap rather then needed as im in there with the throttle!)

Going to be an interesting day :D

nice, be interested to see how those brake ducts go on actually 

13 hours ago, Andy Fagan said:

I went for GT2 brake ducts on my CR. Picture fitted and compared to standard

I did consider the GT2 items when looking at the GT3 ducts, especially as they are HUGE compared to the GT3's but I decided on the GT3's as my car is predominantly being set up as 'fast road' car- I'm not going to be doing track days in it a lot (if at all!) so there would be no need for that level of cooling. The previous owner had just fitted Pagid discs & Brembo HP pads which at the moment I do not rate at all so the next stop will be some carbotech xp8 pads and better discs then I will see how it goes.

PhilCS- I will grab a picture when I fit them, they only cost £23 so its a cheap swap and you wont be upset if you mash them on speedbumpsxD

Edited by GTP

Mine have been fitted for 3 years now and never catch on anything apart from when idiots at Ninemeister refitted them incorrectly and mis-shaped them. People forget that the arm goes up and down with the wheel ;)

15 hours ago, Andy Fagan said:

Mine have been fitted for 3 years now and never catch on anything apart from when idiots at Ninemeister refitted them incorrectly and mis-shaped them. People forget that the arm goes up and down with the wheel ;)

Your correct, for normal day to day driving they wouldn't hit anything but were I live I have some pretty evil speed bumps that are the type that are mounds in the road rather then stretching all the way across, they are the type of bump I would more concerned about as the lower arm arc wont change but as I said, that was a side issue for me, it was more about not needing them right now. 

What pads are you using on your R?

2 hours ago, vwhatton said:

not the ducks im looking for sorry lol 

Yeah, they are water chickens!

I'm using Mintex M1166 pads on the CR which work well on road and track and not noisy at all, however using the F-series on the Boxster and they are excellent but they are noisy