Ducktail project

Andrea

My only input on the design is that the ducktail works best when it doesn't stick out beyond the bumper, and thesilver car pictured above is an example of where it looks a bit naff for that reason.

your CAD image has a US bumper with the pads sticking out of is so I think it should be a bit smaller or steeper to make sure it's within the dimensions of the car.

On 05/02/2019 at 21:31, jcm987 said:

@Andrea Frasky Ducktail deign looks great!

If it helps I have an installation template from Getty Design for my ducktail/wing base. I don't need it anymore so if you think it could help you just let me know. 

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

Do you still have the ducktail tho? 

PS I'll be at Caffeine&Machine this saturday morning if you fancy coming as well let me know

• Like 1

Yes the ducktail/wing base is bolted onto the rear deck and the main wing uprights bolt onto the side of the duck tail. I have a few more close up pics I can send you if that helps? It isn't painted and finished yet as I'm still in the process of installing. 

I won't be able to do Caffeine & Machine this Saturday, but thanks. I'll have it all fitted by next club meet though.  

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FLAT STICK said:

HI Andrea.

is this the same wing that you have ?

Dean

Hi, mine is a personal design I've modeled in 3D. The one in the video is from getty design if I'm correct and you can buy it on their website. They look completely different tho..

• 10 months later...

Any update to this? I am in the same boat with the Getty RS base being closest but not 100%.  I was going to buy another OEM spoiler off of eBay and see what I could do.  

Edited by hpfiend
  • Like 1

On 03/02/2020 at 14:53, hpfiend said:

Any update to this? I am in the same boat with the Getty RS base being closest but not 100%.  I was going to buy another OEM spoiler off of eBay and see what I could do.  

Hi sorry for late reply. I did speak to Joe Toth in Canada but didn't evolve into anything in the end. So no updates for now but I may chase him again. Sorry.

• 2 months later...

Hi Andrea,

Can I ask where you got to on your thoughts for duck tail please?  I Love it!!!

We are in the process of building a Cayman and would love to see more detail of the ducktail design you have. I wondered if we could incorporate it into the CF rear hatch we are making...

Do you have more shots or a CAD design for this?

All the best,

JR

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Shane Baxley said:

Any movement on this?

Hi Shane, 

Yes, here the thread 

or alternativetely check my Instagram page @Porsche_design_innovations 

Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 31/01/2019 at 08:30, Andrea said:

Hi, 

As I design cars for living I thought would be nice to design a proper ducktail for my 987. I don't really like what's on the market right now so here is my proposal. 

If someone is interested or has skills and wants to make one out of fibreglass/carbonfibre for himself/herself then get in touch please.   

What's your thoughts about it? Do you like it? 

Andrea

Post1.jpg

Post2.jpg

Post3.jpg

Post4.jpg

Great design work! was just wondering if you'd be willing to share the files? Ive got a large format 3d printer and would love to have a go at making one!

Thanks

George

4 hours ago, GeorgeHutchinson said:

Great design work! was just wondering if you'd be willing to share the files? Ive got a large format 3d printer and would love to have a go at making one!

Thanks

George

Have a look here George - he's selling them now :)

• 4 months later...
  1. Hi,  I am new to this site but I would like to know if you had any luck making your first rear Ducktail Wing?  I have a large CNC router that could help.  Do you have a CAD file of the design that could be used?  That is the hard part.

Thanks 

6 hours ago, 987GT said:
  1. Hi,  I am new to this site but I would like to know if you had any luck making your first rear Ducktail Wing?  I have a large CNC router that could help.  Do you have a CAD file of the design that could be used?  That is the hard part.

Thanks 

Been making/selling them for over a year now.  And I'm afraid I won't share any CAD file. It's an asset of the company.

Please check&follow @Pdi_Design_Innovations on Instagram, cheers