CaymanOC Stickers

Tom

Choose The CaymanOC Window Sticker Style!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer option 1 or 2?

• I vote for option 1
    • option 1 is rubbish, I vote for option 2

This poll is closed to new votes

I have my headlights out, waiting to stick the stickers inside.

Is that imaginative enough? Oooops - given it away now. Everyone will be copying me! o.O

My stickers arrived today and they look good, thanks :-)

It will be interesting to see what the adhesive is like - if it's anything like the adhesive on the flap of the envelope then they'll never fall off, smart envelope though!

A.

• Like 1

My stickers arrived today, which is now a good excuse for the car to be cleaned tomorrow before application! 

Quality looks great and well packaged up too, some seriously sticky envelopes there! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

i've still yet to see evidence people have stuck them anywhere, were the envelopes that secure...??  

I almost fitted my sticker! I've been a bit reticent to do so because, being rectangular, it will look awful if I don't get it level and I'm concerned about how easy it would be to remove at a later date as the adhesive looks quite sticky.

As for location, I could put it just above the high level brake light but then it would be stuck to the rear window heater elements, I've also thought of sticking it behind the rear view mirror.

When I first went to remove the sticker from it's backing a lot of the letters were left behind, I found that it separated better if pressure was applied to the sticker before trying to remove it.

Maybe a shield shape would have been easier to apply?

2 hours ago, twopointnine said:

I almost fitted my sticker! I've been a bit reticent to do so because, being rectangular, it will look awful if I don't get it level and I'm concerned about how easy it would be to remove at a later date as the adhesive looks quite sticky.

As for location, I could put it just above the high level brake light but then it would be stuck to the rear window heater elements, I've also thought of sticking it behind the rear view mirror.

When I first went to remove the sticker from it's backing a lot of the letters were left behind, I found that it separated better if pressure was applied to the sticker before trying to remove it.

Maybe a shield shape would have been easier to apply?

I take it that's an internal sticker? If the letters are coming away that smacks of a quality issue. 

11 hours ago, DJMC said:

I take it that's an internal sticker? If the letters are coming away that smacks of a quality issue. 

Yes it's an internal sticker which appears to have 3 components, a white paper base, a clear adhesive film, between which are sandwiched the various lines and letters which make up the logo, and I found that in removing the clear film from the white base a number of the letters and lines were left on the clear base. I assumed that the next step was to apply the clear film, hopefully with an intact logo, to the glass, rub, then remove the clear film leaving the logo in place, which makes me thing that re-positioning or having some lubricant on the screen would not help. Please correct me anyone if I'm wrong.

btw - I'd also thought of putting the sticker at the centre/top of the rear screen but some fool has put a Porsche logo there :-)

• Administrators

Mark - you peel the paper part away from the sticker and clear backing, the sticker components will be left intact on the clear backing and facing the right way around to then apply the exposed face to the inside of your window.  Rub the back of the clear backing to press the sticker face against the glass, leave for a few minutes, then slowly peel away the clear backing and you should be left with a nicely applied sticker.  

As with all stickers/decals etc you must make sure the surface you are applying to is clean, suggest an alcohol rub is probably a good idea or similar.  

Shout if it all goes horribly wrong and we'll sort you out 

• Like 1