CaymanOC Stickers

Tom

Choose The CaymanOC Window Sticker Style!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer option 1 or 2?

• I vote for option 1
    • option 1 is rubbish, I vote for option 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Tom pinned and locked this topic

Stickers...

Does Cayman OC sticker No.2 go along the sill, like on a Cayman R? 

Seriously though, in the sticker poll thread you don't say if these are surface stickers or internal glass stickers (for rear window etc)?

I assume the former.

Ok, thread unlocked for questions etc.  

30 minutes ago, DJMC said:

Seriously though, in the sticker poll thread you don't say if these are surface stickers or internal glass stickers (for rear window etc)?

I assume the former.

No decision has been made yet on whether to go for internal or external.  The idea is for car windows but you can stick them where you please I guess.  

Just trying to ascertain design first before we decide on other features.

Indeed, I think we have a clear winner as it stands - makes my life easier! 

Could somebody with a 981 do me a favour please and measure the length of the top edge of the rear quarter window? Any takers??

• Administrators

Excellent, so we're going with number 2.  Designers reckon that a black window sticker will be very 'subtle' but we'll go with it anyway (unless I have a huge number of comments to the contrary before the morning) and may have a second version produced at some point in white so people have a choice.  

Thanks everyone! 

On 27 January 2016 at 07:28, Uncle Dave said:

Indeed, I think we have a clear winner as it stands - makes my life easier! 

Could somebody with a 981 do me a favour please and measure the length of the top edge of the rear quarter window? Any takers??

33cm within the clear glass area inside the edge shading.

But if your sticker was 10cm tall, this would reduce to 25cm to accommodate it due to the curved rear edge of the window as it drops down.

Other sticker heights would result in other lengths. Ask.

• Administrators

Important Sticker Update:  

We decided that given the calibre of the cars we love and drive that a sticker, sorry 'decal' of lesser quality would not be suitable.  We have therefore today placed and paid for an order of high quality vinyl die-cut decals!  In layman terms this means they won't have a backing to them and will be completely free of clear sticker area, much like the 'PORSCHE' logo you all have in your rear window. They're not the cheapest option, but surely the better looking.  

We've ordered black/red and also white/red.  Limited numbers for the time being so get in quick, 1 black/red decal will be sent as a priority to all of those of you who have already made a donation to the club, my sincere thanks. 

The CaymanOC decals will be available for pre-order at a price of £3.50 each which includes postage.  You can order as of now from the Merchandise Page, accessed from the top of the home page menu.  

Prize for the first person to post a photo (Not Dave) on the forum proudly displaying their 'decal' and a double prize for imaginative sticker locations..  

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1

• Tom featured this topic
23 hours ago, Uncle Dave said:

Positive discrimination against Mods, where do I complain!? 

I'm guessing at www.dontgiveamonkeysuncle.com ;) 

Have you stuck one on the Alfa? 

• Like 1

I've ordered a black/red one and will be happy with that but on my meteor grey car I think the sticker would look better with Cayman in red and OC in black as I think on a quick glance the OC will stand out more than the Cayman.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2016 at 21:06, Tom said:

Important Sticker Update:  

We decided that given the calibre of the cars we love and drive that a sticker, sorry 'decal' of lesser quality would not be suitable.  We have therefore today placed and paid for an order of high quality vinyl die-cut decals!  In layman terms this means they won't have a backing to them and will be completely free of clear sticker area, much like the 'PORSCHE' logo you all have in your rear window. They're not the cheapest option, but surely the better looking.  

We've ordered black/red and also white/red.  Limited numbers for the time being so get in quick, 1 black/red decal will be sent as a priority to all of those of you who have already made a donation to the club, my sincere thanks. 

The CaymanOC decals will be available for pre-order at a price of £3.50 each which includes postage.  You can order as of now from the Merchandise Page, accessed from the top of the home page menu.  

Prize for the first person to post a photo (Not Dave) on the forum proudly displaying their 'decal' and a double prize for imaginative sticker locations..  

Cheers

Tom

When are these getting sent out? I ordered 2 on 5th Feb 

• Administrators

Andy (and everybody else waiting patiently!)  

They are on their way, as I mentioned above the order had to be reproduced, my apologies but a few teething problems that really had to be sorted out.  I'd much rather you were all happy with the product first time around rather than disappointing feedback, it has meant a longer wait than we all expected.  

Again my sincere apologies, but I'm hoping these will be turning up on doorsteps by the weekend....

image1.thumb.JPG.6c8ae5b2890badc7ee4cbb5

• Like 1