CaymanOC Stickers

Tom

Choose The CaymanOC Window Sticker Style!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer option 1 or 2?

• I vote for option 1
    • option 1 is rubbish, I vote for option 2

This poll is closed to new votes

Could I just ask... to my mind there are two types of internal sticker, those which stick with adhesive and are then a bu**er to remove again, and those which rely on static to cling to the glass and can be removed and re-used or re-positioned.

From Mark's post I take it these are adhesive backed so the positioning has to be spot on?

Was there a thought given to the static cling type (for internal use), or were these prohibitively expensive?

Edited by DJMC

• Founder

I put a black one in the Boxster, I like the subtle look, like the PORSCHE sticker in the back window.  

Whats the Jazz we can see through the window? Have you removed a door card?

Edited by Beanoir

12 hours ago, Beanoir said:

I'd say that is more likely to be a reflection in the window, unless they come standard with jump leads in the door cards? :sAng_stirthepot:

12 hours ago, Beanoir said:

You mean the spare wheel on the passenger seat? :-)

I took the picture in my garage and the wheel is a reflection of a wheel rack high up on the wall and the orange tube and gubbins is a reflection of my compressor on the garage floor.

I agree about the subtle look of the sticker being similar to the black Porsche logo in the back window, and I'm sure it will look better when the car is out of the garage in daylight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8 March 2016 at 09:42, Tom said:

Mark - you peel the paper part away from the sticker and clear backing, the sticker components will be left intact on the clear backing and facing the right way around to then apply the exposed face to the inside of your window.  Rub the back of the clear backing to press the sticker face against the glass, leave for a few minutes, then slowly peel away the clear backing and you should be left with a nicely applied sticker.  

As with all stickers/decals etc you must make sure the surface you are applying to is clean, suggest an alcohol rub is probably a good idea or similar.  

Shout if it all goes horribly wrong and we'll sort you out 

Finally fitted my two internal stickers today, forewarned by earlier posts here.

Tom... as I peeled the white backing off, the individual letters and black lines wanted to stay stuck to the white backing, not to the clear backing. I had to stop at the beginning of each letter/line so as to tease it away from the white backing and re-stick it to the clear backing as I went. 

Once all the white backing was off, I could see I had just one shot at positioning the logo as it would have perhaps left individual letters stuck to the glass had I tried to pull it away again. It's then important to leave the clear backing in place and use a fingernail to rub over the back of the individual letters until the front of each appears "solid" colour from the outside of the glass, i.e. no air bubbles.

The result is very subtle, which I like. I fitted them as I'm off to SPR for the PHSS tomorrow and thought they may get noticed. 

The leading edge of the rear side windows slopes, so the stickers have each been stuck "right way up". If I'd stuck both with the red "OC" at the top, the right hand one would be slightly upside down, hence the following... 

P4035193.thumb.JPG.b1fa7d08ecc652d1453d6

P4035188.thumb.JPG.c337914aa1fff28ac08b0

Edited by DJMC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They look good fitted like that! 

From having fitted many clubs stickers and other larger die-cut branding logos, having to carefully peel off the backing and tease the sticker to remain on the application sheet is very common, as you'd imagine, the more delicate or intricate the design the harder it is to peel. 

I'll have a chat with Tom and see about adding a small guide to application in with the sticker deliveries perhaps. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Uncle Dave said:

car looks yellow in that shot

The gold component of the paint standing our perhaps?

• Administrators

Looking good guys, i'm sure we should have more photos up than this though...  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I know a number of you have tried to purchase stickers and donation packages through the site store over the last few weeks and have failed when trying to process the order.  This was an error on our part, basically a box wasn't ticked somewhere!  We have now managed to fix the issue and the store is now back up and running.  

Those of you who had tried I have re-issued the system invoices for you and those who contacted me separately you may now go ahead and place an order.  

Apologies for the hassle but I look forward to hearing and seeing some more of you displaying your club stickers! :D

Cheers

T. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MarkGTS said:

Got my stickers on yesterday, look awesome in white! Great quality!  

Cheers :) 

*Cough...Pictures...Cough*