RSS Harness bar installation

Hard to see from this photo but you get the idea. Once either OEM seats or Buckets are in you will barely notice the bar! 

I'll open a tread about my track build and share more detailed photos

heigo.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

So all you needed to cut was the sill trim and the rear strut trim?

Only the rear strut trim. The door sill won't be affected by the cage.  

Edited by Andrea Frasky

As someone currently struggling with a buzz over my right shoulder, could you elaborate? I have huge issues with buzzes, my ears tune in on them! 

Lovely car, giving me too many ideas to spend money! 

8 minutes ago, mike3105 said:

As someone currently struggling with a buzz over my right shoulder, could you elaborate? I have huge issues with buzzes, my ears tune in on them! 

Lovely car, giving me too many ideas to spend money! 

Well the source of the buzz over my left shoulder (passenger side) was obvious when I removed the rear window trim. There was a plastic wire clip that if moved very slightly made a buzzing noise. I ended up removing the clip because my usual trick of felt beside its feet didn't stop the noise. I can't remeber if there was a similar clip on the right side or not. 

The good news is that that part of the trim can be removed without taking any of the larger pieces out so it should be easy to check. If there are any of the cable clips, give them a prod and see if they make any noise.

Edited by Dougle_turbo
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Ah, it looks like it attached/sitting on the sill.

How did you get the airbag light off?

It's very close to it but you don't have to trim the sill. I haven't turned off the airbag light yet, I'm waiting for the quick release steering wheel to go in as well then turn off the airbag light at DW Performance. The light doesn't bother me tho anyway...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrea Frasky said:

It's very close to it but you don't have to trim the sill. I haven't turned off the airbag light yet, I'm waiting for the quick release steering wheel to go in as well then turn off the airbag light at DW Performance. The light doesn't bother me tho anyway...

So you are going to have the airbags coded out? 

Perhaps I should give up on the resistors. It's not that the light bothers me, but it's an MOT fail. 👍

14 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

So you are going to have the airbags coded out? 

Perhaps I should give up on the resistors. It's not that the light bothers me, but it's an MOT fail. 👍

Well I may just put the OEM seats in just for the MOT. Or have the airbags coded out. It's tricky I know but it's once every 12 months.... 

1 minute ago, Andrea Frasky said:

Well I may just put the OEM seats in just for the MOT. Or have the airbags coded out. It's tricky I know but it's once every 12 months.... 

The question is, will plugging the seats back in turn the airbag light off....or will it need a reset?

I changed the seats over, mounts and everything in 1.5hrs. On the whole a pretty easy job. I got a quote to do the same job, and almost fell over. They wanted 8 hrs of labor to do the seat swap, fit resistors, and code out the airbags! I won't mention who it was.

1 hour ago, Dougle_turbo said:

The question is, will plugging the seats back in turn the airbag light off....or will it need a reset?

I changed the seats over, mounts and everything in 1.5hrs. On the whole a pretty easy job. I got a quote to do the same job, and almost fell over. They wanted 8 hrs of labor to do the seat swap, fit resistors, and code out the airbags! I won't mention who it was.

Good question, I don't know! So maybe I shall leave the airbag light on as I doesn't bother me really.

Same here, I can swap them in less than 1 hour! OEM seats came out in less than 4 minutes last time! Please PM who quoted you as I'm curious! 

PS. I've designed my own seat bracket and they bolt on the chassis to keep the seat ultra low. I'll share the brackets in a different post soon

• Like 1