Has anyone tried the Porsche shop hid kit

Scott1967

Very good stuff guys! Yes, they make such a change. I am also impressed about the homogeneity of the light. I really like them. 

I ordered the h9 as well and I have to fit them. 

Update:

as I said, I wanted to replace the fog lamp and the full beam as well. So, fog lamp are H11 and full beam are H9. Probably I’ve done something wrong because I thought I ordered the H9 but instead arrived to me the H11 bulb. Anyway, because I wanted to change the fog lamps as well, I did not care and I started the replacement.

They are not so straightforward as the headlamps! At some point I was starting to swear...😤

More tricky and at the end The lamp ordered does not fit:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/371905037238

they are too deep.

Does anyone know what LED fog light are compatible?

Cheers,

Andrea

Nick, try playing around with the rotational alignment of the bulbs, I found that by tweaking the bayonets a bit to get the led pylon absolutely vertical improved the beam spread from the reflectors

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scott1967 said:

I’ve got the bug now 

I’ve fitted fogs, sidelights, dipped beam and I’ve ordered highbeam 

Good stuff!

Can you post the links of the lights please? Maybe can be helpful for the others (included myself :-0 )

• Like 1

On 14/03/2019 at 13:17, Scott1967 said:

Finally fitted them, but unfortunately I got an error message (even if they work fine) for the deep beam bulb.

I will try to use them and if the error become too annoying, I have to revert back to the halogen...unfortunately.

Guys,

I found this article quite interesting. To many of you could sound stupid, but I did not know what reported in it.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/blog/led-bulb-canbus-error-codes-how-to-fix-with-video/

On ebay there are seller that sell resistors in order to do the trick (so without modifying the wiring on the car).

I want to know more about it and if I will found more interesting things I will post again here.

Cheers,

Andrea 

1 minute ago, phil27 said:

Fitted all mine today everything works but I get an error saying check left and right high beams. 

Yes, that's the error. I will let you know if with the resistors I have ordered I am going to fix it.

If so, I can post the link from eBay.

Looking at the item description on Ebay it does say not to use those ones as dipped or headlights just fog and daytime running lights. I think that could be the issue.

Edited by phil27

9 minutes ago, phil27 said:

Looking at the item description on Ebay it does say not to use those ones as dipped or headlights just fog and daytime running lights. I think that could be the issue.

I think you are correct, but if the resistor can solve the problem, happy days. I don't see any problems correlated.

1 hour ago, Scott1967 said:

I’ve live ordered the resistors too for the high beam (faults showing up)

🤓👍🏻

Which resistors did you go for Scott?

Proof will obviously be at night but they do look a lot better. Plus everything is easy enough to fit.

Now there is a 2 different options here 

canbus decoders or can us resistors 

i believe the resistors need to be screwed to metal to assist with the dispersal of heat (apparently they can become very hot and melt plastic and wires)

but it  looks like the decoders just plug in and tuck inside the lights