MICHELLIN

1 hour ago, Liongolfer said:

Thanks for the offer but shipping half way around the globe will be crazy 

-------------

Lol... Just noticed you're based in Singapore 😆

1 hour ago, Beanoir said:

Global member base! When it rains it pours I hear! 

For sure hence the wet handling emphasis for me.  Ps2 has been good in the rain.

• Like 1

I think I'll be staying with my stock 18 rims and will go with PS4.  The comparo by the same site puts the ps4 as better in the wet than my current PS2 which is impt for me.  No track for me so o guess the ps4s may be overkill.  That said, if the ps4s came in 18s, is go for them.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-PS2.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-4.htm

Edited by Liongolfer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tyre shopping at the moment for my 987.1 S on 19" 

I can get the PS4S in the front 235/35, but there seems to be no 265/35 in 19", only 20"

I can buy a 265/40R19 or 265/30R19 but not sure that's going to work. Any thoughts?

Edited by Tinners1983

is a 275/35/19 available? the 10mm extra width should be fine. 30 profiles are going to give a really hard ride. A 265/40/19 tyre is about 14mm larger in diameter overall than a 265/35 so will very slightly raise the gearing.

hope this helps. Steve. 

• Like 1

Just called my local Michelin.. 18s ain't here yet and they don't know when it'll come in.. ah well.. o have some time.

By the way, apart from the tread wear indicator, how often age wise do you guys change tires? I put on only 8000 to 9000 km per year and I'm no wear close to the tread wear markers but my tires are coming 3 years old.  Rubbers harden over time so just wondering apart from tread wear, what's the number of years recommended for a tite change.. 2/3/4 years?

On 24/03/2019 at 22:42, Tinners1983 said:

I'm tyre shopping at the moment for my 987.1 S on 19" 

I can get the PS4S in the front 235/35, but there seems to be no 265/35 in 19", only 20"

I can buy a 265/40R19 or 265/30R19 but not sure that's going to work. Any thoughts?

MPS4S are available in 265/35/19, however they have run out of stock in the UK and earliest they will arrive in the UK is the 10th may. (I’ve tried all the big tyre guys, plus Costco and some good indie garages.)

Its a PITA because I really need some new tyres before the Nurburgring at the end of April.

• Thanks 1