New 718 S faster than GT4 to 62!

DJMC

718 Boxster S 4.2 secs with launch control vs. 4.4 for the GT4.

Here: http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/718/718-boxster-s/

And almost half the price! I specced up a base model on the new 718 configurator the same as my 981 Cayman and it was £1k less at £53k

Bodes well for the 718 Cayman to be even cheaper than that and the 981, and faster, and more economical, and with a farty, peaky 4 cylinder engine too! O.o

Base model 4.9 to 62 vs mine at 5.6... Nah... mine is plenty quick enough for me and it's the NOISE...the NOISE I love!!

With the NA flat 6 engined Cayman being around for under 3 years, and selling at 1 to 4 compared to the Boxster, could it be a future classic?

Edited by DJMC

13 hours ago, PorscheGT4 said:

"With the NA flat 6 engined Cayman being around for under 3 years"

the NA flat 6 in a Cayman has been around since 2005 !

the Dfi flat 6 since 2009.

:-)

The 981. MY 981!

6 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

The 4 cylinder will be lighter for one! 

Time moves on. You can't stop change. Im looking forward to FI 4 Cylinders 

Eurgh, really? :S

A golf R is rapid, does not mean I want one , no idea why the R gets rave reviews it very dull.

the new Turbo 911 sounds quite nice but these new 4 pots really don't sound like sports cars.

• Like 1

I'm going to try to remain open minded, one part of me says no thanks to a 4cyl but, it's been done before in their sports cars let's not forget.  I suspect they will be better than they are receiving credit for right this minute.  Would I rather continue with NA 6cyl, yes I would. 

Has anybody seen or heard these engines in action yet, or now anything about them? Assuming they are still a flat configuration then comparing to a Golf R is pointless and a useless exercise, totally different engine with different characteristics.  

• Like 1