What do you daily?

Aaron

12 hours ago, Spykee said:

Great choice Aaron! I've come from an S2000 to a Cayman. I had 4 S2000's in total and still miss it for lots of reasons.

I daily an E92 325d now though, had to make the choice as my commute was 34 miles each way until recently.

Where in Wales are you by the way? I'm relocating to South Wales...

Four!  Love/hate relationship?  I've only driven two (2001 AP1 and my 2004 facelift) and they were surprisingly different for what's supposedly the same car.  The facelift feels like it has so much more certainty, especially the rear end.  It's just a better car than the AP1.  I now work from home so the S2000 is kind of moot but it's such a good car that I refuse to part with it... :D

I'm in the Valleys (born and bred) at the moment but will be moving closer to Cardiff/Newport once the boss lady and I can agree on where.  Where are you relocating? 

• 3 months later...

My daily chugger is a 2011 Honda CRZ. 

Brilliant little car, £20 Road tax, Cheap to run with 50+mpg.

Nippy ish performance, but quite refined on a long run. Would love to do a European road trip in it. 

• Like 1

CRZ is quite an interesting car.  Does it have a go kart-like feel?

The missus was recently looking for a new car and we settled on a Golf GTi.  The A3 equivalent was worse on fuel, slower, had more slushie suspension and the interior wasn't all that much better.  It would depend how much more you prefer the exterior of the car, I suppose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aaron said:

The missus was recently looking for a new car and we settled on a Golf GTi.  The A3 equivalent was worse on fuel, slower, had more slushie suspension and the interior wasn't all that much better.  It would depend how much more you prefer the exterior of the car, I suppose.

Safe to say you’re not on commission with Audi then 🤣

**Bet the Golf holds it’s money better too. The market value they command compared to similar cars / specs and their new price is amazing imo. 

And the amount you see with mega-mileage on is incredible. Looking at a car a few years old there’s barely any low miles one around. People must use them for everything (They are a classless car for any occasion imo ? **In very much a good way) and hang on to them ‘forever’......

Cheers for your thoughts.

Still fancy an Audi having never owned one 😎

• Founder

My daily, another German wagon..  M40i version of the X3, doesn't hang about to be fair, but just a fast SUV.  You can fit lots of bricks, bags of cement and 2.4m fence posts in it though! 

IMG_3277.JPG

17 hours ago, Aaron said:

Hi mate.

Yes to be honest a little go-cart is quite apt. It is quite softly sprung so rides well but there is not a lot of body roll. 

Back seat is next to useless to be honest 😁 What kind of muppet has two 2 seater cars 🙄

16 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Safe to say you’re not on commission with Audi then 🤣

**Bet the Golf holds it’s money better too. The market value they command compared to similar cars / specs and their new price is amazing imo. 

And the amount you see with mega-mileage on is incredible. Looking at a car a few years old there’s barely any low miles one around. People must use them for everything (They are a classless car for any occasion imo ? **In very much a good way) and hang on to them ‘forever’......

Cheers for your thoughts.

Still fancy an Audi having never owned one 😎

I'm not on VW commission either! 😅 The owner that we bought the Golf off had simply bought a newer one... 

4 hours ago, Tozerman said:

Hi mate.

Yes to be honest a little go-cart is quite apt. It is quite softly sprung so rides well but there is not a lot of body roll. 

Back seat is next to useless to be honest 😁 What kind of muppet has two 2 seater cars 🙄

As a previous muppet with two 2 seater cars, I know exactly what you mean. :D my missus is much happier.  Me?  Sort of.  Gonna miss that S2000 for sure.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 09:49, sevenfourate said:

Cool way to travel ! You a tradesman ? Or just a poseur 😎

Both! 😆

P.s It came with the stripes, I didn't add them!

Edited by Dougle_turbo

• 4 weeks later...

Been driving a beaten down 2003 Honda Jazz quite a bit recently. Cheap and cheerful motoring can be fun knowing that if something breaks it's no biggie.

Edited by Leo31291

12 hours ago, Leo31291 said:

Been driving a beaten down 2003 Honda Jazz quite a bit recently. Cheap and cheerful motoring can be fun knowing that if something breaks it's no biggie.

Completely agree !

I had a few penny's put aside to upgrade my daily to something semi-decent. But have decided for the foreseeable to continue to bang around in my £800 daily and save my cash.

I'm anal by nature - and look after anything i own over and above. But there is still something completely liberating about popping into a busy Tesco's car-park on the way home from work and not worrying for one single second about where, what or when your parked next to etc etc

• 1 month later...

Just took a leap of faith into the EV world and changing out my daily. Ordered a Jaguar I pace. Should be interesting. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daz said:

Just took a leap of faith into the EV world and changing out my daily. Ordered a Jaguar I pace. Should be interesting. 

Very nice Daz.

I've noticed a few of these around my parts more and more lately. I say "noticed" - because there's some fabulous colours available.....some you can't help not to see !

Go on; tell us more about yours ?

It’s a base model in Fujia white. Run our funds to add any goodies. Ordered through  my company with the BIK rules on ev’s should be £400 better off in tax and then £100 a month better off on fuel. 

will arrive in April/ early May. Tried chasing one in my Cayman and it blew me  away. 4.5 sec to 60. 

• 2 weeks later...

Currently running a Mazda CX-5 petrol auto, a dads SUV. That's why I need the Cayman!

TBF the CX-5 is a good quiet cruiser, good value and very reliable, and has all the latest safety tech, active cruise control etc.

Used to have a W212 - E Class - E350 CDi - V6 diesel bad boy.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

BMW 320CD - Remapped + DPF Delete + Swirl Flap Delete

i return 45-50mpg, it makes 210-220bhp, 350lbft Tq, 1390kg, Rear Wheel Drive. Does the job for a daily, depreciation free.

• Like 1