What do you daily?

Aaron

I figured I would follow back around to this.

I sold my FK8 in 2022, right at the end of the car price boom.  I only lost 4k on that car over 3 years and 20,000 miles.  The dealer that I purchased it from was desperate to buy it back from me when I expressed interest in selling.  That's only £111 a month in depreciation.  With the 2023 Civic Type R priced FROM 46k, I can only see FK8 values holding strongly.

The FK8 was replaced by a 330d as I found myself wanting creature comforts (and general comfort) more than excitement in the daily.  It has plenty of torque to shift the car when full and is great for shoving things in.  You can fit a modular sofa in an F30 330d.  Fact.

I loathingly spent the last few weeks driving the FK8 in comfort mode and it just made very little sense.  It wasn't the car that had changed, it was me.  I was craving overall balance (between steering/suspension/brakes/engine) and NA responsiveness.  The R is still my "special" car, fear not.  It's just too nice of a car to abuse on track the way that I like to (lovingly) degrade a vehicle.

Fast forward to January 2023.  Things have worked out well for me occupation wise and I could finally afford to buy a dedicated track car.  Enter a 2007 S2000!  It's been almost four years but I finally have one again.  I couldn't be happier.

Edited by Aaron

F30 bmw 3 series GT.  Great family chariot.  We had a s5 for 7 years prior and it never skipped a beat but sold it before v8 bills started rolling in. 

Actually prefer the bm now.