To remap or not to remap that is

1 minute ago, Andrea Frasky said:

373BHP that's just impossible. Dyno Dynamics they are normally very accurate therefore this can't be true.  If it was on a DynoJet I would believe it.....sorry Dougle!

You're welcome to come a experience it on track, it's seriously quick. In a straight line the car is faster than a PDK 981 S in sport chrono, and it leaves other 987s for dead.

Next outing is Brands Hatch on the 14th (evening session), it's a riot!

13 minutes ago, Andrea Frasky said:

373BHP that's just impossible. Dyno Dynamics they are normally very accurate therefore this can't be true.  If it was on a DynoJet I would believe it.....sorry Dougle!

P.s I certainly didn't fake the graph. DMS automotive are very well thought of, and very experienced in tuning Porsches.

5 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

You're welcome to come a experience it on track, it's seriously quick. In a straight line the car is faster than a PDK 981 S in sport chrono, and it leaves other 987s for dead.

Next outing is Brands Hatch on the 14th (evening session), it's a riot!

Mine's not far off at all in terms of numbers so I know what you are talking about really. But gaining 53BHP with a map, headers and IPD just isn't real. And sorry but it's all down to the corrections on those numbers really.

NOW, that said, your car looks awesome and indeed must be freaking quick! If you go to Caffeine&Machine again let me know as I live around the corner! For the track I still need to wait unfortunately mate...

15 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

fullsizeoutput_f6e.jpeg.61ce16600b8b1fcdd05d44d5591f8415.jpeg

You jumped from 245 to 373?!   Even with stage 3 turbo back and software, I didn't get that much of an increase out my Audi.

What other hardware mods did you add?

Soo.....re DMS, I have a similar story. Gen 1 CS with aftermarket air filter and Carnewal (no headers), visited DMS, they did their thing and the attached (hope the PDF shows) was produced.....this is a "multiplier" derived number. Using 1.15, this equates to circa 312hp at the wheels.

The gents at DMS did suggest that the engine was a peach (no doubt they say that to all the boys?!), and was performing above spec before the remap (as many do apparently).

I was a little dubious, but my "Butt Dyno" registered a difference, so I was happy.  As a sense check, I put the car on Regal Autosport's rolling road a few months after the remap. The 3 runs returned 311-313 hp at the wheels....which using 1.15, equates near as dammit to DMS's "gross" numbers.  Not sure I can be rsed trying a 3rd dyno to verify these  earlier two 🙂

0062_001.pdf

2 hours ago, Liongolfer said:

You jumped from 245 to 373?!   Even with stage 3 turbo back and software, I didn't get that much of an increase out my Audi.

What other hardware mods did you add?

The 245 is the base 2.7 Gen1.  The graph here it's about a GEN2 Cayman S.....you just got confused LOL. 

2 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Soo.....re DMS, I have a similar story. Gen 1 CS with aftermarket air filter and Carnewal (no headers), visited DMS, they did their thing and the attached (hope the PDF shows) was produced.....this is a "multiplier" derived number. Using 1.15, this equates to circa 312hp at the wheels.

The gents at DMS did suggest that the engine was a peach (no doubt they say that to all the boys?!), and was performing above spec before the remap (as many do apparently).

I was a little dubious, but my "Butt Dyno" registered a difference, so I was happy.  As a sense check, I put the car on Regal Autosport's rolling road a few months after the remap. The 3 runs returned 311-313 hp at the wheels....which using 1.15, equates near as dammit to DMS's "gross" numbers.  Not sure I can be rsed trying a 3rd dyno to verify these  earlier two 🙂

0062_001.pdf 165.75 kB · 2 downloads

So basically without headers and no IPD you got 312 at the wheels! LOL    That means at the crank your gen1 was producing roughly 350/60 which it's simply impossible....it's beyond me how people believe some numbers and get fooled by tuners....sorry. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Andrea Frasky said:

So basically without headers and no IPD you got 312 at the wheels! LOL    That means at the crank your gen1 was producing roughly 350/60 which it's simply impossible....it's beyond me how people believe some numbers and get fooled by tuners....sorry. 

You're obviously entitled to your own opinion, but to suggest that others are 'being fooled' is a little rude to be honest.

We all know multipliers are in play here so there is some room for error but no one is fooling anyone, just reporting back the best data they can. 

If Craig has had the car dynoed twice on different dynos with a similar outcome, why is he being foolish? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

You're obviously entitled to your own opinion, but to suggest that others are 'being fooled' is a little rude to be honest.

We all know multipliers are in play here so there is some room for error but no one is fooling anyone, just reporting back the best data they can. 

If Craig has had the car dynoed twice on different dynos with a similar outcome, why is he being foolish? 

because all tuners fool the same way (actually %).   A GEN1 with all the mods hardly reaches 340bhp, where one with just an aftermarket filter and a half decent catback apparently makes 360bhp......oh well....

44 minutes ago, Andrea Frasky said:

because all tuners fool the same way (actually %).   A GEN1 with all the mods hardly reaches 340bhp, where one with just an aftermarket filter and a half decent catback apparently makes 360bhp......oh well....

Sure, point out that its unlikely and be sceptical. But don't be surprised if people find that rude. 

If all dynos are wrong, how do you know that a Gen 1 can make 340bhp?

This is fun! Lies, damn lies and statistics?! Bugger it; my gen 1 makes the same outputs as a Veyron, and I'll be damned if anyone tells me different! 🙂

5 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

This is fun! Lies, damn lies and statistics?! Bugger it; my gen 1 makes the same outputs as a Veyron, and I'll be damned if anyone tells me different! 🙂

Veyrons only make 600hp, the dyno is fixed. 😜

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Veyrons only make 600hp, the dyno is fixed. 😜

4 hours ago, Beanoir said:

The only map I use is the AA UK & Europe 2003 - makes me a lot faster in traffic 😁

Fook all use on track days mind... 

2003! Sounds like you need a firmware update Nick! 😁

• Like 1