Looking for Cayman 987.2 S

On 26/07/2019 at 09:37, TokstolleUK said:

Thanks for this.

Did you find out if he had used it for track days. The spec makes me think the guy either had loads of cash to burn or was using it for track days.

Marc

I didn't ask him but I do have his email address.  PM me if you'd like it.

• 1 month later...

Hi again, thanks again for all the good advice.

It looks like I might have found the right cayman. It's a 2009 Cayman S. I will try and upload a picture.

It will come with a pretty comprehensive 12 month warranty (not Porsche) which is good.

I am in the process of doing a history check however it has been on personal plates so some of the sites don't recognise the number plate. Any recommendations for a comprehensive site that takes Chassis numbers?

Thanks

Marc

This is the car, I think she's beautiful

Comes with:

Sports exhaust

Satnav

Climate control

Heated seats

Cruise

New brake pads and discs

Porsche tracker (PVTS)

Full Porsche service history

Screenshot_20190904-172836.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-172929.jpg

On 04/09/2019 at 17:26, TokstolleUK said:

Hi again, thanks again for all the good advice.

It looks like I might have found the right cayman. It's a 2009 Cayman S. I will try and upload a picture.

It will come with a pretty comprehensive 12 month warranty (not Porsche) which is good.

I am in the process of doing a history check however it has been on personal plates so some of the sites don't recognise the number plate. Any recommendations for a comprehensive site that takes Chassis numbers?

Thanks

Marc

I used the RAC check and it showed the 2 personal plates mine had been on, but it had been transferred to the original for about 2 months, so I guess all the databases had updated.

Is yours on the original plate on the MoT database yet? If not do the search on the last personal plate.

The dealers should do an HPi check themselves, can they not show you a copy of that, so you can see the history?

Dealer I bought mine from wouldn't even show me the previous owners name due to GDPR, they just told me the number of owners it had.

Edited by GlosRich

32 minutes ago, GlosRich said:

I used the RAC check and it showed the 2 personal plates mine had been on, but it had been transferred to the original for about 2 months, so I guess all the databases had updated.

Is yours on the original plate on the MoT database yet? If not do the search on the last personal plate.

The dealers should do an HPi check themselves, can they not show you a copy of that, so you can see the history?

Dealer I bought mine from wouldn't even show me the previous owners name due to GDPR, they just told me the number of owners it had.

I used Parkers in the end, got all the detail using the chassis number including the previous plate.

All stacks up, the only issue I'm having at the moment is any history other than service history!

The book is stamped up, I sat with the dealer while they called around the Porsche service garages to confirm. T

The dealership is struggling to get any other documentation from their sister dealership. Apparently due to GDPR the sister dealership said they couldn't accept all the other invoice paperwork from the seller!

I have handed over my phone number and asked them to pass it to the seller to see if they can call me for a swap of docs. The car has been on T111 MMY since new. so if anyone in the community knows the owner please ask him to contact me through here.

I'm close to walking away from what seems to be a straight car due to GDPR!!

Crazy, they are just being lazy.

All they need to do is redact the name and address from the invoices, but I guess if you have lots of this work, it does become time consuming.

Are you just trying to see what extra work its had over and above the services?

At 2009, depending on the mileage, you may expect the clutch to have been changed, some suspension components, maybe AC radiators.

If the dealership cant proves this, surely a reduction in price is called for?

1 minute ago, GlosRich said:

Crazy, they are just being lazy.

All they need to do is redact the name and address from the invoices, but I guess if you have lots of this work, it does become time consuming.

Are you just trying to see what extra work its had over and above the services?

At 2009, depending on the mileage, you may expect the clutch to have been changed, some suspension components, maybe AC radiators.

If the dealership cant proves this, surely a reduction in price is called for?

That's what i want to know just for peace of mind. They are working on it so I will see early next week.

I have already sowed the seed that i would have expected the condensers to have been replaced between 6-8 years which would cost around £1200. if they can't prove this has been done i will leverage it.

i will try my best to track down the previous owner through the service history.

20 minutes ago, TokstolleUK said:

That's what i want to know just for peace of mind. They are working on it so I will see early next week.

I have already sowed the seed that i would have expected the condensers to have been replaced between 6-8 years which would cost around £1200. if they can't prove this has been done i will leverage it.

i will try my best to track down the previous owner through the service history.

Mine needed front control arms, front strut top mounts are on their last legs also, track rod ends are almost ready also, plus when that's done and alignment is needed. One of my condensors has a damp patch also.

Mine is a 2009 with FSH and 55k miles. Not sure about my clutch and flywheel, seems ok, but budget another £1k if thats needed.

Gear linkage cables are also a weak point, I'll do mine at some point so I dont get stranded somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the advice over the last couple of months. I picked up my Cayman S yesterday. Absolutely love it.

It was a long drive home so spent today cleaning her. 

I will put some pictures up once I pay my membership and I'm have enough space. 

Looking forward to meeting some other owners at events over the coming months. Had the club got any tickets to the Bicester Scramble?