WEVO Semi-Solid Engine/Trans mounts

Frayz

6 hours ago, jcm987 said:

I've been reading this thread with interest as I've recently changed my engine / gearbox mounts to the RSS ones, but hadn't heard of Function First, they seem to be good value. The RSS make a noticeable difference on track and on the road especially over the bumps at Castle Combe, however there is a strange vibration occasionally off throttle that wasn't there on the old clapped out mounts... Any ideas?

Also on the roll bar / harness debate: I'm strange and have both the RSS harness bar and a half cage. The harness bar alone definitely can be felt, but adding the cage as well makes the whole car feel more tight. It's difficult to describe it, but you basically know its there doing something. I just hope it won't be required.   

I was sometimes getting a small vibration/noise caused by the IPD plenum fractionally touching part of the engine §when off the throttle. My fix is a 2mm slather of wood between the two, no more vibration!

18 hours ago, jcm987 said:

I've been reading this thread with interest as I've recently changed my engine / gearbox mounts to the RSS ones, but hadn't heard of Function First, they seem to be good value. The RSS make a noticeable difference on track and on the road especially over the bumps at Castle Combe, however there is a strange vibration occasionally off throttle that wasn't there on the old clapped out mounts... Any ideas?

Also on the roll bar / harness debate: I'm strange and have both the RSS harness bar and a half cage. The harness bar alone definitely can be felt, but adding the cage as well makes the whole car feel more tight. It's difficult to describe it, but you basically know its there doing something. I just hope it won't be required.   

I'm glad I wasn't imagining it, it must feel even better with a cage.

On 29/10/2019 at 17:54, Dougle_turbo said:

I was sometimes getting a small vibration/noise caused by the IPD plenum fractionally touching part of the engine §when off the throttle. My fix is a 2mm slather of wood between the two, no more vibration!

Ah good shout, definitely something to look at, cheers. I used a small bit of hard cardboard originally, It's probably fallen loose by now.