Tozerman's Red 2.7

Tozerman

Update time...

Ok during the recent lockdown I could not find anybody to blast clean my exhaust system for me so I ended up simply rubbing the surface crap off myself and then painting using VHT silver.

The chrome tailpipe was rubbed down to dechrome and then painted matt black VHT.

Refitting was dead simple and in my opinion looks much better than the tarnished original.

Then took the wheels to be powder coated. I went for anthracite as I think that suits the Red perfectly.  I know this colour is a bit common now, but I was doing wheels this colour in the 80's so I don't care :) even had the centre caps done to match..

Car was re taxed from SORN end of February to take advantage of the good weather at that time.

Car was serviced last spring by Cavendish Porsche, so although it was not due strictly speaking I did an oil and filter change, 2 years is too long in my opinion.

Having trouble uploading pics for some reason, this was the only one I could do..

114424012_SANY2063-Copy.JPG.ecb2c496335f60ff6ac0c34189fdbe21.JPG

Any way it is with a heavy heart that the time has come for her to go to a new owner. 

I have just semi retired and having 2 two seater cars just wont work now, so they both have to go.

the car is currently live on pistonheads https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11605626 

If the car does not sell then I really won't be bothered, I can then just keep it and be buried in it :) 

Cheers.....Tony..

Edited by Tozerman
  • Like 1

Looks like a great buy for somebody.

If you don't mind me making a suggestion on your advert, i would probably remove the bit about, "Be politely informed that I do not need to sell this car (I don’t need the money)." I get the point but it doesn't come across very well and if I were a smartarse buyer, I'd probably think, "Well why is he selling it if he doesn't need to sell it"

Why don't you instead just say that "due to retirement I will no longer make use of a third car and so have decided to sell. If it doesn't sell, I'll gladly keep it." This will still imply that you don't need the money (who with three cars does) and will hopefully discourage the "Best offer bruv" type messages.

1 hour ago, Lennym1984 said:

Looks like a great buy for somebody.

If you don't mind me making a suggestion on your advert, i would probably remove the bit about, "Be politely informed that I do not need to sell this car (I don’t need the money)." I get the point but it doesn't come across very well and if I were a smartarse buyer, I'd probably think, "Well why is he selling it if he doesn't need to sell it"

Why don't you instead just say that "due to retirement I will no longer make use of a third car and so have decided to sell. If it doesn't sell, I'll gladly keep it." This will still imply that you don't need the money (who with three cars does) and will hopefully discourage the "Best offer bruv" type messages.

Hi Lenny,

Your comments are noted and I have amended the advert script...

Thank you 😀 

• Founder
8 minutes ago, Tozerman said:

Car now sold.

Put it on PistonHeads Friday pm, got a phone call in less than one hour, left a deposit over the phone 😁

Chap drove from Cornwall this morning and I am now Porscheless. 

It has been a pleasure chaps, good luck to all... 

Cheers Tony... 

Well done Tony, good cars won’t hang about long at the moment, I’m sure the new owner will enjoy it.  

Good luck to you too sir 👍🏻

🙁 sorry to see you leave us Tony, been a pleasure reading your posts and OTT TLC for ‘lil red’ 😁👍🏻

enjoy semi retirement, all the best and keep well. 

Jason