Group Buy Interest - Desnork 3D printed Grilles

18 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

Perfect - 10 all in 👍🏻

The group buy price (assuming no import duties), will be:

£15 each. 

calculated thus:

10no. Grilles printed and shipped to U.K. 

$140.99 => £114.40

£114.40 / 10

£11.44 

U.K. Packaging:

Padded ‘large letter size’ envelope @ £1

U.K. Postage:

Large letter first class recorded delivery @ £2.45

Sub total:

£14.89

Total (I’ve rounded up by 11p each to cover my £1 parking in town to get to the post office and because I hate odd numbers!) = £15. 

I will PM each of you my PayPal account details - please respond to my message with your name and address details. 

Once I’ve received all payments I will send the money to Marcos and he will be able to despatch the grilles 👍🏻

If we do incur any kind of import duties then I will come back to the group buyers to ask us each to split that cost pro-rata between the 10 of us before I send out the grilles in the U.K.  

Hope that’s acceptable to everyone. 

Jason

Perfect with me, and thanks @Windymiller for your time and effort.  Will make payment as soon as instructions received.

Cheers,

5 hours ago, Windymiller said:

PMs sent to each of the group buyers. 👍🏻

Payment x 2 sent @Windymiller. THANKYOU very much for organising this Jason !

And a big thanks to @cadporsche for the great pricing and fabulous service for us all. CHEERS Marcos 😎

• Like 1

Awesome experience with the club... thanks to Syer for contacting me in the first place and Jason fantastic work!!... To keep you guys informed. I shipped a package on April 29 and it arrived @ UK yesterday May 10... just to give the team an idea of lead time..

image.png.007ea49811682767e9e80699ed88882d.png

• Like 1

Right gents, so far I’ve received funds from:

Ben

Syer (incl for Liam)

Edmundo

Craig

Andrea

TritonII

MaxHeadroom

so just awaiting Childsy and then I’ll pay to Marcos. 

15 minutes ago, cadporsche said:

Awesome experience with the club... thanks to Syer for contacting me in the first place and Jason fantastic work!!... To keep you guys informed. I shipped a package on April 29 and it arrived @ UK yesterday May 10... just to give the team an idea of lead time..

image.png.007ea49811682767e9e80699ed88882d.png

mine was posted on 1st May and currently has the same status as this. Hopefully this week!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cadporsche said:

package on the way guys!!! Thanks to all.. Jason check your email for tracking info.

Thanks Marcos - look forward to receiving the grilles in the next couple of weeks 👍🏻

On 16/05/2020 at 07:21, cadporsche said:

Team, just received some pictures from a client with 987.2 it has the same part.. so the mesh will fit.

That’s great news Marcos - thanks for letting us know. 👍🏻

Our package left San Juan on the 12th, and is ‘in transit’...

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=LH098384903US

LH098384903US

Am I missing something here but is the black plastic cover not there to stop water going down the air intake, and all the mesh does is stop rocks which the filter already does?

Dean

5 hours ago, FLAT STICK said:

Am I missing something here but is the black plastic cover not there to stop water going down the air intake, and all the mesh does is stop rocks which the filter already does?

Dean

The outer Baffle Plate was put in (And wasn't the original Porsche design) after a couple of cars in the USA ingested lit cigarette butts which caused fires. Many argue this then restricts airflow - in an area of the car that is proven to have negative airflow; and the car struggles to therefore breathe.  (And i believe that / slightly different induction systems are part of why the compression ration of a Gen1 is different to a Gen2).

So now imagine wind rushing down the side of your car at speed and then having to do a 90 degree turn to enter the airbox / induction system.....and now through a tiny gap (In terms of when a baffle plate is fitted). ***The talk is of +4bhp above 62mph with the baffle plate removed.

So removing the baffle plate, and fitting a mesh inner cover (With like 6mm holes ?) gives the engine every chance of being able to suck in a little more air; whilst keeping the major majority of flies, other airborne rubbish etc out. As far as my research and the above shows - it's pretty much going back to how Porsche oribinally intended.

**And for reference there's a drain-hole deep down in the inlet tubing for any water that does enter.

Edited by sevenfourate

8 minutes ago, FLAT STICK said:

I understand all the airflow stuff but did not know the plate was for debris not water, maybe I should of ordered a grill my sell.

Dean

On the facebook forums there's much discussing of the whole de-snork theory. Apart from anything else - i've never seen one comment about water having been a problem. And i've seen many posts stating this; from UK'ers who use their cars in all weathers.....

Maybe its cause I live in the wet North West!!!! Don't do facebook as have to many skeletons.

Marcos can you make 3D style GT4 air scoops for 987.1?

Dean

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FLAT STICK said:

Maybe its cause I live in the wet North West!!!! Don't do facebook as have to many skeletons.

Marcos can you make 3D style GT4 air scoops for 987.1?

Dean

Know what you mean ! I’m mostly a watcher 😎

Now that would be a coup !!

@cadporsche - one for the future ?

• Like 1