Group Buy Interest - Desnork 3D printed Grilles

Glad to see you left the tube in and only removed the plate...... (Or is there no baffle plate on a Gen 2 ?)

Apparently the tube helps smooth out the airflow and is the right way to do it.  Remove it: and the turbulent air then flowing in - isn't the very best way to go about a de-snork 👍

2 minutes ago, sevenfourate said:

Glad to see you left the tube in and only removed the plate...... (Or is there no baffle plate on a Gen 2 ?)

Apparently the tube helps smooth out the airflow and is the right way to do it.  Remove it: and the turbulent air then flowing in - isn't the very best way to go about a de-snork 👍

The tube wrapped around the intake. The plastic mesh also clips onto the tube and fits nicely so guessing anyone who’s removed the tube has done so without thought.

picking up a takeaway tonight so will see if makes much of a sound difference 

5 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

##S Man; I popose you do a nice "How To" video for muppets like myself to try this at home!

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2020 at 21:37, Windymiller said:

Right gents, so far I’ve received funds from:

Ben

Syer (incl for Liam)

Edmundo

Craig

Andrea

TritonII

MaxHeadroom

so just awaiting Childsy and then I’ll pay to Marcos. 

Payment sent, apologies for the delay! 

47 minutes ago, Childsy said:

Payment sent, apologies for the delay! 

No worries - received with thanks. I’d pressed ‘go’ on the despatch from Marcos already 😉👍🏻

Edited by Windymiller

54 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

They’ve landed in the U.K. already 😮👍🏻😁🇬🇧

Great news ! 

Just for the UK Customs malarky; and appropriate sorting now........😏

Good news Gents, the grilles have arrived with me today and all in perfect order. They were incredibly well wrapped and protected from Marcos @cadporsche 👍🏻

I will try to get them posted Thursday or Friday so you hopefully Receive them for the wknd. 

can you please each PM me with your address (I think I have 2 already via PayPal, but easier if you just all message me via here), please include:

COC ‘name’

real name

full address

grille colour

saves me having to trawl through this message thread thanks. 

Jason

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

Good news Gents, the grilles have arrived with me today and all in perfect order. They were incredibly well wrapped and protected from Marcos @cadporsche 👍🏻

I will try to get them posted Thursday or Friday so you hopefully Receive them for the wknd. 

can you please each PM me with your address (I think I have 2 already via PayPal, but easier if you just all message me via here), please include:

COC ‘name’

real name

full address

grille colour

Jason

Pm sent.  Many thanks,

Desnorked (baffle ‘plate’ only removed, snorkel tube retained in place), and 3D grille fitted - jobs a good ‘un 👍🏻

I used this ‘how to’ for side vent removal:

Now to test drive tonight 🏎😀

B39050E4-D635-411A-BFA0-D41FB7505C79.jpeg

• Like 1

On the 3D style GT4 topic the real problem is the size, design wise is not a problem. That's why they are expensive, at least the ones I have seen online; the material has to be good enough to withstand the wind force; you can still use outside providers for the manufacturing but the initial cost would be high.

22 hours ago, Windymiller said:

COC ‘name’

real name

full address

grille colour

Jason

PM sent Jason, thanks for sorting this!

On 26/05/2020 at 17:13, Windymiller said:

COC ‘name’

real name

full address

grille colour

Jason

##For some reason it's telling me you cant accept msgs, so here you go:

Craiglm68

Craig Morling

9 Grasmere Rd

Poole

Dorset BH13 7RH

Black

Cheers, and great work again Jason

1 hour ago, Craiglm68 said:

##For some reason it's telling me you cant accept msgs, so here you go:

Craiglm68

Craig Morling

9 Grasmere Rd

Poole

Dorset BH13 7RH

Black

Cheers, and great work again Jason

I think my inbox must be full, I’ll empty it now. 

All grilles will be in the post tomorrow. 

Jason

• Like 1