Beanoir's Cayman R

Beanoir™

On 14 December 2015 at 09:47, Beanoir said:

My Carpool article finally made it on Pistonheads today :)

http://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-carpool/porsche-cayman-r-ph-carpool/32289

Nice one.

"I’ve still to this day not seen another actually on the road."

That changed last month. Wonder how many there will be at the Sausage later this month!?

Oh... and talking of "Carpool" in case you've all missed these, watch this one and then ALL the others (apart from Mariah Carey and Elton John who CANNOT SING no more. Sad): 

• Founder

Another step closer!  Exhausts arrived today, nicely packaged and all clean and new.  Don't know what wizardry Gert performs but it's certainly a very neat job.  

image.thumb.jpeg.ab80195a7283c5e730f7659

image.thumb.jpeg.1540df6e63227cd6fc8412f

15 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

Are these N rated now?

No, but their replacement is. It's the PS4.

Due in my 20" sizes very soon.

Info from Michelin technical manager for the UK market, Jamie, a week or so ago when I phoned him.

The PS4 will build on the SS technology.

Edited by DJMC

Just now, Masher964 said:

Available in 19" sizes N rated too? Got my doubts...

I have no doubts since speaking to Jamie. Call him on 0800 591 859

So this basically offers a Mitchelin SS for a Cayman that IS N rated? Sounds great.

Currently you can get the SS rears N rated but not the fronts. You'd have thought they'd have N rated whole sets!

9 hours ago, DJMC said:

No, but their replacement is. It's the PS4.

Due in my 20" sizes very soon.

Info from Michelin technical manager for the UK market, Jamie, a week or so ago when I phoned him.

The PS4 will build on the SS technology.

i seriously doubt the ps4 is their replacement. Built on their tech maybe. replacing them?....hmmmmm

That exhaust looks epic, nice tidy job too.  Was up with the guys at Precision Porsche in Uckfield last week talking about Carnewal and Gert.  They said the exhausts are excellent.  Apparently the standard GT exhaust sounds brilliant so your upgraded R pipes should sound mental !! 

• Founder
7 hours ago, jmcc42uk said:

That exhaust looks epic, nice tidy job too.  Was up with the guys at Precision Porsche in Uckfield last week talking about Carnewal and Gert.  They said the exhausts are excellent.  Apparently the standard GT exhaust sounds brilliant so your upgraded R pipes should sound mental !! 

I hope so, takes 60miles to get in run-in apparently but should be fine given the journey home is a few more.  We'll find out later on! 

38 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

I hope so, takes 60miles to get in run-in apparently but should be fine given the journey home is a few more.  We'll find out later on! 

We expect updates! :sBo_bouncing2:

Will be able to compare them with a standard R exhaust at our next meet, I believe we have a couple coming along. 

• Founder

Ok, so I spent what turned out to be the morning at Paragon today after arriving with my boot full of new exhausts.  The job took a little longer than we hoped because of the usual seized studs!  Plenty of eye candy on offer whilst you wait mind...  

12698312_10153319893750667_2534956407256

Initial reaction was the exhaust sounded better but not remarkable but Gert did say that it would take at least 60 miles to run-in and sound as intended.  By the time i'd reached Tunbridge Wells (Royal apparently) blipping the throttle was starting to sound a bit more snarly, but the time i'd reached the Dartford Tunnel it was sounding epic!  So i'm pretty pleased with the result, an absolute recommendation (not that he needs it) for Gert Carnewal's exhausts.  

I've tried doing a video but it just doesn't do it justice.  Much better in the flesh, so @jmcc42uk has just popped over and heard it for himself briefly so i'll let him comment. 

So this weekend will be spent scaring grannies on the high street.... B|

Edited by Beanoir
  • Like 1

• Founder
9 hours ago, Masher964 said:

Look forward to hearing it in a couple of weeks at the meet. I guess this will make the car too loud for track days?

Should be ok for most tracks apparently, i'll find out in a couple of weeks!