PDI - Porsche Design Innovations Custom parts

15 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

All understood Andrea - obviously 3D printing suggestion was more for rapid prototyping for proof of concept and fit. Not final finish etc 👍🏻

Of course mate, and to be fair I’d happy to support a British business as well by getting the parts here rather than somewhere else!!! 

Edited by Andrea

4 minutes ago, Rob66 said:

Good luck with your new project Andrea.  Love the side vents they look great I would certainly be interested.

Thanks a lot Rob and feel free to follow my Instagram page for updates on them @Porsche_design_innovations 

and any question please PM me! 🙏

Ducktail will be launched in few weeks, need to do few testing-fittings before confirming the production. Unfortunately Covid-19 isn't helping :( 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Liongolfer said:

Very nice.  Carbon fibre or CF look?  This fits a 987.2?

Hi, actual carbon fibre. These fit all 987 cars,

cheers

Hi Andrea

Great stuff and looking forward to it! I don’t seem to be able to find your instagram page though, is it still running? 

4 hours ago, Andrea said:

Hi, actual carbon fibre. These fit all 987 cars,

cheers

I think the design is great however i'm not a fan of carbon fibre on anything so a matte black or gloss black option would be good.

I agree they look fantastic, but I would prefer plain gloss or satin finish. 

Edited by Rob66

2 hours ago, gnikuj said:

Hi Andrea

Great stuff and looking forward to it! I don’t seem to be able to find your instagram page though, is it still running? 

Yes indeed, had to change name as not allowed to use the word Porsche: @Pdi_design_innovations is the current name! 

21 minutes ago, Rob66 said:

I agree they look fantastic, but I would prefer plain gloss or satin finish. 

unfortunately having many options is costly, unless I can use the same mould for fibreglass and carbon fibre the solution is to paint them! 

36 minutes ago, jaketame said:

I think the design is great however i'm not a fan of carbon fibre on anything so a matte black or gloss black option would be good.

same as above, although the carbon fibre will have a matte finish. 

• Like 1

Looking really good.  The scuttle panel (is that the right term?, the panel immediately below the windscreen around the wiper spindles) on my car was painted by the modifier to give it some additional uniqueness (they were trying to create a package of mods to compete with the Cayman R and wanted some individual subtle bodywork changes like the Cayman R has the black mirrors, but without copying the Cayman R.  It looks good in my opinion and I should try and capture the finish with some pics, but the theme could be continued to other parts of the car and these look like an ideal compliment that might work.

Great work!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Doug,  2 of the 4 components that make the side vents have entered production now. The moulds for the other 2 are taking a bit more time due to their complexity. But hey I’m getting there ☺️ 

best is to check Instagram and I do apologise for not posting on here much. I’m on holiday now so on my way back I shall share more on here, cheers 

So will it only be in Carbon? Trying to work out the outcome from the discussions above. I LOVE all the ideas you are progressing, yet I HATE the look of carbon (tartan plastic) so will the parts be available in solid colours?

Edited by Julian987

14 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

So will it only be in Carbon? Trying to work out the outcome from the discussions above. I LOVE all the ideas you are progressing, yet I HATE the look of carbon (tartan plastic) so will the parts be available in solid colours?

Hi Julian, yes the final parts will be all carbon, but it won’t the typical tacky carbon look I promise! Neither will be yellowish, you’ll be amazed (hopefully!) 

it’s more like a matte finish towards dark/black. Of course the solution is to paint the parts if carbon isn’t your taste. Hope this helps ☺️

10 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Hi Julian, yes the final parts will be all carbon, but it won’t the typical tacky carbon look I promise! Neither will be yellowish, you’ll be amazed (hopefully!) 

it’s more like a matte finish towards dark/black. Of course the solution is to paint the parts if carbon isn’t your taste. Hope this helps ☺️

Oh what a shame, Ok I guess I'll have to have them painted. See i have an R and the side vent accents on the R are of a specific colour (mine being silver accents on black car), therefore carbon would mess with the R vibe. 

Would you consider adding to your portfolio a product like seen @ https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/788975-cgt-style-headlight-bi-xenon-projectors-retrofit-kit-for-996-and-986-a.html 

Thanks

Julian