Windymiller

PCGB Silverstone 24/08/20

Silverstone booked (at last 🤗). 

very excited, mildly apprehensive, can’t wait 

never driven Silverstone track before 🤔😳🤪😁

Good luck, sounds good. I've only driven 3 laps of the national circuit in a Ferrari 360, on one of those experience days.

Definatley on my list when I have a bit more experience.

Is it the GP circuit or the National?

It’s the full monty GP circuit!😳😰😱

• Like 1

Driving Silverstone in a Cayman should be in every petrolhead's bucket list. Awesome experience.

I had the privilege of driving passenger laps for Mission Motorsport. Even though it was damp, I've rarely enjoyed driving so much as that day.

Enjoy!

18 hours ago, briggy said:

Driving Silverstone in a Cayman should be in every petrolhead's bucket list. Awesome experience.

I had the privilege of driving passenger laps for Mission Motorsport. Even though it was damp, I've rarely enjoyed driving so much as that day.

Enjoy!

I can’t wait Briggy - how did you get into driving for Mission motorsport?  Was that in your car or one of theirs?

It was through PCGB. They advertised it as a club track day and I just booked it. It was in my own car and the club had use of its own F1 pit garages. The idea was the event was heavily discounted, with the proviso that you gave passenger rides to our service men and women. As we were stopping for lunch, I had to drop someone off at the far end of the pit lane as that's where his group was. Clearly, you can't turn round, so I had to go out on my own - by that I mean no other cars on track. The whole circuit to myself!

We weren't the only club there, in fact there was McLaren Senna.

That’s a great story and experience Briggy - as ex service myself I salute you for your help to those who’ve sacrificed for their country 💂🏻‍♀️🤏🤝

You're going to love it mate, I'd love to drive Silverstone! 

it's an epic track, so much run off space, only problem is that being a longer track it takes a while to remember all the corners and braking zones etc (1st world problem admittedly). 

• Haha 1