Beanoir's 996 C2

Beanoir™

3 hours ago, Bushman said:

nothing wrong with Honda Jazz's Jason.

Indeed not Steve, nowt wrong with a Honda va-Jazzle 😉 - my daily harks from Far Eastern shores also, it being a mighty Kia Sportage, ‘sport-AGE‘ as I prefer to refer to it as... 🙃

Edited by Windymiller

• Founder

Well, rain stopped play a bit today, because I don't have the luxury of a garage these days.  

This is one of two new track rod ends...  

CCA4ED66-C1F4-479D-96F3-3EBD19AD7686.JPG

And my piece of aluminium arrived, ready to be turned into something more interesting...

IMG_6707.JPG

• Like 1

• Founder
3 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Mmmh, hollow ali tubing, what could that be for.... 🤔

A new handbrake lever possibly? 

I’ve just sent it away with my buddy tonight, he’s going to turn it into something useful based on my pathetic drawings...we’ll see how that goes! 

• Like 1

• Founder

Well because I’m now gainfully employed again I’m finding less time to fettle with the car.  So, suspension components are still sitting waiting to be fitted. 

I did start to think about exterior stuff, I would like to apply some stripes.  Now I realise this kind of thing is not to everybody’s taste, but I’m experimenting with something of a retro type of look.  It’s been done before, nothing new really - I just fancy it.  

Subtle grey on silver..?

300F2BC8-6BBB-47E2-89BC-8CE059FEBB91.jpeg

08EE90B2-1DE4-4EBA-BDDD-E34BE9861176.jpeg

• Like 1

On 20/07/2020 at 19:42, Windymiller said:

I love your knob Nick! 🤪

sorry, couldn’t resist the temptation 😉 (of the pun, not your knob - doh, done it again....🤔🤷‍♂️🙄🙃 )

##I was going to say, ditching your know is a bit extreme Nick, but each to their own.....car sounds awesome by the way!

On 13/07/2020 at 18:57, Beanoir said:

I was thinking about a Shuttleworth meet up...?

##Where did things get to re this? And I'm hoping there's more than one Shuttleworth (ie not the one North of Manchester)!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beanoir said:

I did start to think about exterior stuff, I would like to apply some stripes.  Now I realise this kind of thing is not to everybody’s taste, but I’m experimenting with something of a retro type of look.  It’s been done before, nothing new really - I just fancy it.  

Subtle grey on silver..?

300F2BC8-6BBB-47E2-89BC-8CE059FEBB91.jpeg

08EE90B2-1DE4-4EBA-BDDD-E34BE9861176.jpeg

@garytipping put a grey stripe on his silver 987, and with his matching shade of grey wheel repaint I must say his car looks rather fetching 🤩👍🏻

• Like 1

• Founder
1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

All looks brilliant Nick.

I didn’t realise a 997 shifter would fit a 996 🤔

might a 987 (non SSK) fit a 986 then too?

Yes, they’re all the same, all 986/996/987/997 are the same, the 9x7 just have a better design of the bushes and mechanism.  The cradle it all fits in is exactly the same.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish I had your skills and paitence to do those jobs, really impressed.

I do love a 911, I sold my 996 C4S just before the lock-down as it really wasn't getting used and I figured money in the bank was better than more metal sat on the drive rotting while there is a global pandemic about to kick off.

Glad I did, but it does feel strange to not have a 911, first time in 12 years without one. 

I'm sure at some point another one will arrive, Joanne wants a barn conversion first though so by the time i can afford another one i will be the classic old man in a Porsche 911.

They are fantastic things though mate, I'm sure you are going to really enjoy it. 

This might be worth a watch for you, strangely the link appeared at the top, but you get the jist...

Edited by Budflicker
  • Like 1