Cayman R Wanted - UK - Manual

Andyoz

20 hours ago, Frayz said:

None of the chrono cocks light up as standard unless youre using the Chrono function at the time. 
I had mine switched on at the last service. 

God bless predicted text.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beanoir said:

£27.5k!?

Interesting consideration if you’re in the market for a Gen2 PDK Cayman...or a dirt cheap R

yep as comparatively its not much more than a high spec Gen 2 , such as 

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10775063?cId=10742488

Hi Lads,

I'm probably about to go down the route of some slight mods to my current 987.1S.  Carnewal for starters.

If the right R comes up, I'll see. The cash is there. It might even be a modded one like @Frayz as I'd be totally into that :)

I've decided ALL 987's are great cars and some are just a bit greater than others.

Andy

Edited by Andyoz

• 5 weeks later...

In think I got my R.  Should be with me next weekend bar a total collapse at the PPI gate this week...

She's white with all the right bits (one owner) and relative moon miles (53k) --- I bought it to drive !!!

Edited by Andyoz
  • Like 1

• Founder
1 hour ago, Andyoz said:

In think I got my R.  Should be with me next weekend bar a total collapse at the PPI gate this week...

She's white with all the right bits (one owner) and relative moon miles (53k) --- I bought it to drive !!!

goodness, that’s practically end of life care at that mileage 😉🤪

Well done though, exciting times! 

49 minutes ago, Beanoir™ said:

goodness, that’s practically end of life care at that mileage 😉🤪

Well done though, exciting times! 

Yep, I have her booked into Porsche for an engine and gearbox transplant as they'll obviously be fooked...😆

4 hours ago, Andyoz said:

The whole point of an R is the drive - and that means putting miles on it!  You will not be disappointed.

12 hours ago, Aaron said:

The whole point of an R is the drive - and that means putting miles on it!  You will not be disappointed.

Yes I specifically waited for one with over 50k miles.

It's liberating not giving a toss how many miles I pile onto it. Loads of R's seem to being kept below 30k miles for some reason....

One Owner, Manual, Buckets, PSE, Auto A/C, Bi-Xenon

It's got everything except Sport Chrono. I'm pricing adding that as I wanted one without so I could add it after and not have the dash dial thing.

No short shift but I am not totally sold on that personally so I want to explore either tightening up the standard box with hardware kit (Function First?) etc.  I need to try more before deciding.  I liked a GT3 box someone had fitted to a  996 I tried the other week.  Numeric Cables too possibly.

I had considered modding my current gen 1 but I don't have the time to get it even past first base so at least with an R it's more evolution/preventative maintenance rather than ripping stuff out for the hell of it.

I also came around to the idea of white as sick of washing my current midnight blue every time it gets sniff of dust. Amazing color when clean though.  I plan some big multi day runs with Irish club next season.  I think R really suits white with all the added black trims.

Cayman R 1.jpg

Edited by Andyoz

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I would highly recommend chrono, just for the sport button alone.  It brings the car alive.

Yes, I understand it's a different throttle map and (more importantly) lets the back end move about more before PSM kicks in.