Cayman R Wanted - UK - Manual

Andyoz

6 hours ago, Andyoz said:

Yes, I understand it's a different throttle map and (more importantly) lets the back end move about more before PSM kicks in.

It's great for those wet tailwhips that I absolutely do not do personally and that no one should do on a public road.  I have no experience to backup that claim, however.  But it's great at them...

The sport plus mode is a track only mode, IMO.  It's a bit too slippery on a poor road surface.  I stick with sport on the street and plus for the track.

Quick update.

Nice ferry/drive back from Chester to Nth Ireland on Friday.

I have had a few more few spins in the R on bends I know well and they are pretty special alright.  The weight saving combined with the suspension makes it alot more nimble.  Love it and yes I think White is the best color for these after all....

p.s. my lovely Midnight Blue Cayman 987.1S is up for sale if anyone happens to know any NI ones - very different drives but only one space in my garage so I can't keep both.

P1010030-01 Resize.jpg

Edited by Andyoz

Congratulations Andy, looks like you got a lovely car at sensible money there, well done.

I'm pleased to hear that you are pleased with it, in my opinion this will only get better as you gel with the car and learn to exploit the weight distribution and precision of the steering.

I did 2500 miles of fast mountain roads in the Alps and Pyrenees last summer and by the time I arrived at the ferry to come home the car really felt like an extension of me.

I had just as much fun as previous tours in a GT3.

They really are a great little car. 

How do you fancy a weekend away next May to the 10th anniversary meet?

• Like 1

^^^ Actually I think I will go to that!

I've found the thread.

I can either land on ferry at Holyhead or Stranraer.  I assume there will be groups sorting mini 'cruises' down to the event from various locations so would hopefully tie in with one of them...

Not many R's in Ireland but I'll find a few by that stage and see if there's any takers...

Edited by Andyoz
  • Like 1

Quick heads up here (I will start another thread) - has anyone got a pdf of the gen 2 Workshop Service Manual they can send.

The main item the PPI noted was a new AOS will be needed soon.

I replaced the AOS on my gen 1 S but the gen 2 is different - any tricks/pointers appreciated as that really helped me on the gen 1 (which I could change in 30mins flat now)

Edited by Andyoz

I have it booked in for Sports Chrono install (button and software) at OPC for £690 incl VAT and the 10% PCGB discount.  I'm happy enough with that.

Edited by Andyoz

• 2 weeks later...

A friend in England is also looking for an R and will be starting a thread soon....if anyone's looking to shift one ;)

Edited by Andyoz

On 17/10/2020 at 23:30, Andyoz said:

A friend in England is also looking for an R and will be starting a thread soon....if anyone's looking to shift one ;)

but what of the 8 currently for sale?