10 year Anniversary Cayman R/987 Spyder meet May 2021.

Message added by Beanoir™,

R & Spyder 10 Year Facebook v2.png

10 hours ago, Beanoir™ said:

According to the club member list, we have 113 members who list their 'ride' as a Cayman R.  I wonder how many are current and UK based.  

What I'll do, once we're more certain on date and location, is put a feature in the next newsletter that we email to members.  

Originally circa 228 were made for the UK market almost a equal split between manual and pdk . The site How many left I don't think is accurate.

113 members is a good amount but not that many are Uk based I would have thought.

Look forward to the data.

4 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Originally circa 228 were made for the UK market almost a equal split between manual and pdk . The site How many left I don't think is accurate.

113 members is a good amount but not that many are Uk based I would have thought.

Look forward to the data.

The data on the "How Many...." site was updated for Q1 2020. I checked the DVLA downloads of data today and came to these numbers which captures all cars registered in the UK and those on SORN 1 new registration in 2019, 227 registered cars in the UK (112 manual inc 18 SORN, 115 PDK inc 21 SORN). The DVLA data was last updated on 30th April 2020 (next update April 2021).

Yes - I was that bored this morning.

• Founder
22 minutes ago, s3 akr said:

...... also asked James of "JayEmm on Cars" if he'd mind a plug for the R meet on the comments for his recent Cayman R review. He kindly agreed, and has "pinned" it to the top of the comments section, directing owners to this thread should they wish to participate. 

Nice work! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, s3 akr said:

The data on the "How Many...." site was updated for Q1 2020. I checked the DVLA downloads of data today and came to these numbers which captures all cars registered in the UK and those on SORN 1 new registration in 2019, 227 registered cars in the UK (112 manual inc 18 SORN, 115 PDK inc 21 SORN). The DVLA data was last updated on 30th April 2020 (next update April 2021).

Yes - I was that bored this morning.

Many thanks 

Not to far from what I thought.

6 hours ago, s3 akr said:

...... also asked James of "JayEmm on Cars" if he'd mind a plug for the R meet on the comments for his recent Cayman R review. He kindly agreed, and has "pinned" it to the top of the comments section, directing owners to this thread should they wish to participate. 

That's fantastic mate, nice one.

Tough one, 

I know a couple on PH with Spyders that would probably like to come along and it would be nice for others to come and see such a cool gathering. But i totally get your point about the increased promo, insurance and all the balh balh that goes with it. 

Personally im not fussed either way but i do think the smaller venue and limited cars would arguably be less agro to arrange.

Struggling to think of anyone else thats centrally based? 

Bicester Heritage worth an ask?

Hi.

Personally I would prefer a CR only gathering.

As far as venue have you tried Porsche direct regarding Silverstone PEC

Bicester Heritage might be a good call.

Have you asked PCGB if we can use Corbury House ? Rennsport  is opposite too.

Another venue that is very car friendly is Sharnbrook Hotel Bedfordshire.

Cliff.

I think that given the number already captured on this thread, this event may go beyond the 50 cars and the offers of Autofarm maybe for a site too small. I also agree that PCGB might end up taking over and we'd lose the original aim of the gathering.

If we have space to do so, I have no issue with the Spyders joining as the models are so closely related. Priority to the Cayman R owners in the first instance if numbers are capped.

As a venue, how about Caffeine and Machine ?  They have a large car park that is based around the main building and to the immediate side. We'd get a lot of cars there. This would allow caymanoc branding to be used and not lost, but I'm not sure if they do exclusive events since it is an open venue. Surely as a cafe they don't have such limitations on how many cars can be there since it is a static location.

I do like the idea of including the 987 Spyder as it is really the sister model, is also 10 years old next year as launched at the same time, almost a convertible R. 

This was never meant to be a huge event with hundreds of cars so somewhere like Bicester heritage might be too big, that's like where you could hold Purely Porsche and look at the amount of staff involved in that.

What say we invite 987 Spyders and Cayman R's only.

Regards venue, I'll speak to Porsche direct today and see what they say. Agreed that Autofarm won't be big enough if we have Spyders as well.

Could somebody start a thread on PH with a direct link to this thread to invite 987 Spyder owners to register interest in attending and make the meet more visable. 

I'll have a look for some other Boxster or Spyder forums as well and start a thread.

Dates I'm looking at will be a weekend in May avoiding the two bank holiday weekends.

Anybody have a preference of a Saturday or a Sunday or is either ok?

Peter

• Like 1

• Budflicker changed the title to 10 year Anniversary Cayman R/987 Spyder meet May 2021.

Be nice to get the sister car involved as it's the same car/age

I lent both mine to EVO they belong together.

Not sure if venue has been sorted but bicester heritage I thought seemed perfect if Porsche would not allow you to use PEC.

evo1.jpg.5dc00e1585b09207b74cc56d96fad9cd.jpg

Edited by PorscheGT4
  • Like 1